24

R  O  S  A  B  E  L  L  E

Elaine and I watched as Demitri was carried away by Gabriel and Maksim.

"Girl, I can't emphasize enough how hot Gabriel is." Elaine says biting her lip.

"That's your brother's best friend, practically brothers," I said turning to look at her.

"I know, but the heart wants what it wants." She told me, pouting.

"Regulate that heart of yours, unless he approaches you first," I smile mischievously, then we giggled like high school teenagers.

"By the way, why are you being carried around by my brother?" Elaine asked after we stopped laughing.

"Oh, I'm crippled. It's completely your brother's fault," I said, shaking my head in disgust.

"What were you doing? Actually do I want the details?" She asked with a defeated face.

"No. Let's just say, he's too rough sometimes. I struggled to pee, TO PEE!" I yelled putting my hands on my face.

Elaine burst put laughing. She literally fell back on the couch laughing at me.

"Are you laughing at my pain?" I accused, pointing my finger at her.

"Yes. Well, no. Of course not. I'm laughing at the way you said it," She said inbetween her laughter.

"I hope Gabriel cripples you for several months, so I can laugh at you." I said, waving my finger around.

I received a hard smack on my arm. "Don't say his name out loud. You know Demitri has very sensitive hearing." She whispered, looking back know at the direction of the kitchen.

I just laughed at her nervous face. She ended up joining me, probably realizing how stupid she may have looked.

"Anyway, listen. I don't know if you've noticed but I've been fattening up," I told her with an annoyed look on my face.

"You have?" Elaine said with a confused face. "I just thought you were getting juicier,"

"Eish, I'm serious wena mahn." I said getting annoyed that she wasn't paying attention to the real issue.

"Eish is an expression used by South Africans when they are slightly annoyed, guilty or upset or they about to lie.

Wena mahn means you man. Also an expression used to make the sentence have more emotions."

"OK, I'm sorry. You were saying?" She said, adjusting herself.

"I bought you food," Demitri said walking with a tray.

"Thank you," I said with a large smile on my face without actually seeing the food. "Why is the egg running? I'm supposed to be the one running, not my food." I said, after seeing the sunny side up egg.

"That's how the egg is supposed to be," he said in a tone that said not to push his buttons, but lately I've been living on the edge, lika gangsta.

"But I don't want it like this. Have you ever seen me eating it like this?" I asked him with so much attitude.

"Yes. Like twice." He said in an exasperated voice.

"And I didn't like it both times. I was just tryna be white," I said in an annoyed voice.

"Then leave it on your plate if you won't eat it," he yelled, walking away.