epilogue

"18 years later"

T H I R D P O V

"You know you have to stop doing that right?" Demitri says, walking into the kitchen hot on his wife's tail.

"Doing what exactly?" Rosabelle asking smiling while walking to the fridge.

"You know, that thing you do when we start getting into an argument," Demitri says exasperated, slumping into the island stool.

"Stop beating around the bush and tell me," Rosabelle said, turning around with a glass jar full of orange juice.

"You reveal your sexy body, knowing damn well I can't resist falling into temptation." Demitri said, frustration evident on his face.

"Me? Do that? Now you're just accusing me," Rosabelle answers, the smile never leaving her face.

She stood on the opposite side of the kitchen island pouring juice for both her and Demitri. She slid his glass in his direction and he took a huge gulp staring at her.

"I'm getting tempted again," Demitri says, his eyes hungrily staring down Rosabelle's body.

"Calm down, we literally just stopped having sex," Rosabelle said, staring at him across the table.

"That doesn't sound like a no to me,"

"Let's first eat something. Then we can have a quickly before Nkosi comes back home,"

"That's a great plan,"

Rosabelle made a quick late afternoon lunch for the two of them. Instead of their usual intimate activities, they decided to watch a movie while cuddle in the living room.

They were watching their second movie when the sound of the front door banging closed took them out of their bubble, followed by a loud, "I'm home," from their son.

As per usual he made his way into the kitchen and made himself some food. He went into the living room with his late afternoon snack.

"Mama, Pops, I need to ask you something," Alexander said after settling into his set.

Demitri paused the movie they were watching so they could give their only child, their undivided attention.

"Go ahead, mntwana wam." Rosabelle said shifting her whole body to face her son. My child.

"There's this party tonight, and I'm asking for permission if I can go." Alexander said without skipping a beat.

"No," ..... "Go ahead son,"

Rosabelle and Demitri looked at each other. Quite often they didn't have the same answer when their son asked for something.

Alexander fondly referred to them as good cop, bad cop. They often changed places in certain situations. In this case Demitri was the good cop, while Rosabelle was the bad cop.

"Why not mama?" Alexander asked him mother, with a raised eyebrow.

"I don't have to explain myself to you. And why did you say yes?" She directed her attention to Demitri swiftly.