17

R O S A B E L L E

We finally arrived back in Russia. It's been a wonderful, well deserved vacation. I already missed the warm weather of the Bahamas.

I missed the sound of the waves that crashed in the distance, the smell of salt water that always hung in the air. I miss the sound of the fish when they jumped into our deck.

Don't judge me, but I did fry a few, with potato chips on the side. I'm a fish addict. Blame the way I was raised. This was the only food I could have free access to.

My sister didn't really like fish but ate it once in a while. My mom liked fish and ate it at least once every two weeks. My dad on the other hand had fish every other day.

Anyway, I lost my virginity, to Demitri of course. And let me tell you, I get why I have to fight with some hoes in the near or distant future.

That man, no beast, ruined me for any other man. We literally went at it all over the house, under the stars, in the pool, around the pool, on the outside furniture . . . anything you can think of. I'm surprised we didn't do it on the roof too.

We were now currently on the road to the mansion. Demitri had already sent for our luggage to be delivered to the house.

I, however, couldn't shake this feeling that something was terribly wrong or going to happen. I took in our surroundings and exhaled calming slightly.

I felt Demitri's hand squeeze my thigh as he looked at me, then focused back on the road. I looked down at my phone and just scrolled through some Instagram reels. 

The feeling nagged me to the point where I felt nauseous. I gagged and gagged, until I felt movement in my stomach.

"Demitri, stop the car." I told him. Almost immediately he stopped the car and I was out in an instant.

I vomited all of the content inside my stomach. I poured water on to it, so I kinda washed it away. I rinsed my mouth with some water then hopped back into the car.

"You good, ангел?" He asked me after I entered the car. Angel.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I told him, I felt better but I was nowhere near fine.

I could feel a headache seizing power over my brain. It's reign of terror, caused me to not think nor see straight.

I need my glasses.

Then my stomach churned as I grew worried. My gut and conscious were never wrong. Something is gonna happen and it's gonna happen sooner than I'd like. . .

"Something is wrong," I finally tell Demitri.

"Yeah, I can feel it too." He said, taking my hand into his. "If anything happens, I want you to call Alejandro and tell him what happened, he'll take care of the rest."

"Wait, you're not dying, are you?" I asked him feeling anxious.

"No, I'm not. Also, I want you to hide, I don't want the world finding about you. . . yet." He said looking me in the eyes.

"No, I'm not going to hide. We just entered a relationship. This means we're supposed to shoulder everything together," I told him shaking my head. "Plus, I can't hide now. Alot of people already know my existence."

"Rosabelle, I need you to listen to me. You have to go into hiding," He said in a deadly serious tone that I didn't like.

"Demitri," I mocked him. "I won't hide and you won't hide me everytime something bad happens in the mafia world. Eventually I'll be involved."