30

R  O  S  A  B  E  L  L  E

I tried prying Daniel's fingers on my bicep but he only tightened his grip.

We stopped in a spacious room, which I'm assuming is the livingroom. It had a long couch and random bean bags laying about.

There was a large coffee table made out of glass. There was a clear glass vase with flowers. It was one of those O shaped vases.

In the sunlight it looked like it was shimmering. Daniel finally let go of me as we stood in the livingroom.

We had a staring contest. I wasn't about to cower and let him win. I wasn't going down without a fight.

What is it and these men with manhandling me? I thought to myself.

"Have a seat, bella signora." He told me softly, gesturing towards the couch.
Pretty lady.

For once I knew what was being said in Italian. Why would he call me that after abusing me?

"I'm fine standing," I told him folding my arms underneath my breast, I even popped my hip out for emphasis.

"Alright, have it your way then." He said sighing. I could tell he was getting irritated but was trying to be patient. "I don't want you around Axel anymore," he told me softly.

"I can be with who I want, when I want, how I want." I tell him with a much attitude as possible.

"I'm just trying to keep you safe. As a dutiful wife, you must follow what your husband expects from you," Daniel says, taking a step closer to me.

"Except, I don't have a husband." I told him, swinging my neck putting some sass in it.

He took another step and my confidence was running out, but I couldn't let him know that. I stood my ground, looking his dead in the eyes.

"But we're going to get married. So technically, I'm your fiance," He said through gritted teeth.

"That's not consensus. I wouldn't marry a brute like you, who starves me for a week, then slaps me not once but twice." I told him, my voice rising slightly.

It wasn't a yell but it was getting there. Just a little push, and I was going to snap. I suddenly remembered why i had gotten slapped in the first place.

His face, which was scarred earlier on, was now clear. I didn't even have time to look closer when I felt him grab a handful of my hair.

He wrapped my hair around his fist. It felt like my hair was going to come out at the root, and leave a bald spot.

I looked up into his raging eyes, the same time I put both my hands on his wrist. I could feel the tears start to come up.

"Daniel, please let go. You're hurting me," I tried to beg him, with tears in my eyes.

He just pulled me closer to his face, bringing his other hand to hold my face. This thumb dug into my left cheek, his fingers on my right cheek.

He squeezed his palm, sending a numbing pain across my whole body. I started sobbing as the pain was unbearable.

I tried scratching him, but it was like he was made out of steel. I looked into his eyes again as a sob tore its way up my throat.

My body started to shake violently with fear. I was like a leave trying to hold on to a branch during strong wind.

It didn't look like anyone would help me, and the look of pure anger that was in his eyes made me come to this decision.

I reared my leg back and knee'd him in the balls. I groaned and let go of me. He dropped onto one knee and I dug my nails into his face again.