32

R O S A B E L L E

I was getting winded. I've been running for more that 20 minutes. I'll explain how I got to this point after get on my flight.

I haven't come this far to be caught so easily. I gave the security guard my boarding ticket and power-walked through that tunnel thing.

I walked briskly towards the plane I'm supposed to board. I attempted to rush up the stairs but there were too many people infront of me.

I adjusted my hood, making sure it's still covering my head. My body was buzzing with adrenaline.

I finally managed to get into my seat and settle in. I didn't have to wait long for the plane to leave, since not many people were going to my destination.

Plus, not many people can afford first class. I also wouldn't have been able to afford it, if I didn't have so much money.

I took my hood off and adjusted the hoodie a little, so it covered my buldging stomach.

Baby Dimitri is a hassle. He won't stop growing, I literally had to put on weight to hide him from Daniel.

Anyway, as promised I'll count back on what the hell happened these last 3 months.

The first few days were a bliss, at some point my feelings had started to become genuine but in a platonic way.

We fell into a comfortable rhythm and it was nice. I even forgot for a split second that I was a captive and needed to escape.

Stockholm syndrome had me in a choke hold, until he thought it would be fun to just up and leave.

He moved us to Jersey City, New Jersey. I figured out after a while, that it was means to get away from his brother.

I kid you not, Massimo would just unexpectedly pop up, just to check if his brother had hit me or anything like that.

After a couple of days, we grew to be the best of friends and Daniel became jealous of that bond and thought i was sleeping with Massimo.

Even though the thought had crossed my mind on a few occasions, I remained loyal to my baby daddy.

Daniel packed everything up and we moved into Jersey City. That's when his whole personality did a 180.

When I had decided to go back to him, he assigned that guy with the broken nose, Adrian, to be my bodyguard.

Since Adrian had yo follow me around, we developed a friendship. We hung out and he got paid to hang out with me.

He'd usually take me to the mall and I'd just spend Daniel's money on random things. Only to end up giving them to people on the street.

Daniel started getting jealous and started accusing me of sleeping with Adrian. We had a huge fight about it but we reconciled.

Literally the next day, Adrian came back with a limp and he was all serious. He didn't even greet or say a word.

I tried talking to him but it was like talking to a statue. It would've been better having a conversation with a wall than him.

Later that day, I confronted Daniel about it and he just lasted out slapped me across the face.

He them did that guilt thing abusers do when they realize what they've done. He apologized and made up a bunch of excuses.

He even bought me a necklace with a giant diamond pendant. I didn't even take it. He then went on a rant on how ungrateful I am.

And I quote in his words. "You don't know how expensive this shit is. And I'm giving it to a useless and worthless woman like you. You can't even afford this. You won't even say 'thank you' how hard can it be. Ungrateful bitch."