08

R O S A B E L L E

I was woken up by a bang on the door. I felt a warm body wrapped around me.

Opening my eyes, I saw Demitri cuddling into me. He is literally the very first person I've ever cuddled with.

The banging didn't cease, instead it got louder. Demitri seemed to be dead since he didn't move.

"Demmy wake up." I muttered tapping his shoulder.

For someone who owns a Mafia he sure is a deep sleeper. I tried shaking him awake but he just groaned and trapped my hands between our bodies.

"Wake up, there is someone at the door." I whisper-yelled.

The door opened the same time he opened his eyes. He looked down at me, but I looked over his shoulder at the door.

It was Giovanni. I let out a sigh of relief. I thought we were going to die or something.

Demmy looked behind him at Giovanni. I couldn't see his facial expression but I knew he wasn't happy.

He now laid on his back but he dragged me to half lay on top of him.

"It's way too early for you to be here." Demmy told Giovanni, almost in a growl.

"No its not. It literally almost 12." We both looked at the time on Demmy's bed stand. It read 11:57 am.

"Why didn't you come sooner?" I asked him, trying to get up, but the arms around me held me down.

"Why didn't you come later? What is wrong with you?" Demitri growled. He sat up, dragging me with him.

"Listen, I came earlier but y'all were dead. If I came any later we'd be behind schedule. Today is the gala. And we still don't have tuxedos." Giovanni said, sitting on the couch in the room.

"What gala?" I asked, I'm so proud of my self, I haven't stuttered in a while.

"Oh, every year, my father hosts a gala for all mafias to join and celebrate, I guess. Others use this as an opportunity to extend their business." Demmy explained. I nodded.

"Ok. That's.. not weird at all." I said, I mean who hosts a party with potential enemies.

That would be enough for people to draw maps of his house.

"Here, take this." He reached for his bed stand. "Buy whatever you wish. My sisters will be here shortly, along with Gio's wife and Alec's wife too." He gave me a black card.

From what I know, black cards mean you have alot of money.

"I can't take this. I don't like shopping anyway. If I take this your family might think I'm a gold digger. Well, people in general." I told him, handing him his card.

"Ok. And?" He said, seeming unphased putting the card back in my hand.

"I don't want to take it."

"I don't care. Buy what you like. If you come back with nothing, I'll drag you around the mall myself and buy you a whole shop. Do I make myself clear?" He threatened, I think.

"Yes sir." No way in hell am I buying anything.

*click*

"Gio, get out." Demmy said, not even looking at him.

"Fine, be ready in 30." Giovanni said, walking out.

"Don't tell me what to do." Demmy growled, his eyes changing.

I mean they changed colour. I've seen people's eyes darken but his changed completely. They were a bright red.

I moved away from him, shaking to the point of no return. I moved so far away from him, I was on the edge of the bed.