16

R O S A B E L L E

The sand felt warm between my bare toes. I looked across the ocean as it was coloured with colourful colors, the rising Sun was illuminating.

I looked to my right at my hands clasped by Dimitri's left hand. His hand was significantly bigger than mine, but that didn't stop me from enjoying this moment.

I smiled at him as I watched his naturally tanned skin look orange against the orange rays of the sun. He couldn't look more beautiful it was almost natural.

I looked forward to the sun across the sea. I sucked in my surroundings, the soft warm sand, the palm trees on the edge of the sand, and the waves crashing against rocks, and smoothly sliding up the shore.

This was a sight I didn't know I missed seeing. I watch as seawater covers my feet.

I bent down to touch the water, and I felt a sharp slap on my bump. I stood upright feeling the sting full force.

I pouted, looking at Demitri. "It just looked juicy."

"But that doesn't mean you should slap it so hard," I said, in an upset voice.

"You'll get over it." He said, pulling me in by the shoulders.

He had the nerve, the audacity to kiss me afterward. It was short but soft and gentle.

We continued walking along the shore, just watching the waves. After a while, Demitri led me back to the car.

He helped me climb into the passenger seat. What I'm probably going to like about this vacation is, there are no guards to constantly watch my every move. I've gotten used to them, though.

I watched as Demitri walked to the driver's side, then smoothly slide in. He started the car and drove out of the parking lot.

He sped down the road. I watched with curious eyes at the sites before me.

Then he parked in this massive parking lot. He unbuckled his seat belt and I did the same. He got out of the car and came to my side of the car, then helped me out.

Then he took out our suitcases, one for him and one for me. I took my suitcase handle and Demitri took my hand, then led me down a path.

"You're not going to kill me right?" I asked him, seeing as we were walking through some trees.

"If I were, I'd kill you on home turf," Demitri said, raising his eyebrow.

"Oh, well I'm flattered," I said sarcastically.

Soon we approached another beach, in the distance I could see another island in the middle of the blue water.

There wasn't a boat in sight, so I'm guessing we'd cross by foot. The water wasn't deep at all. The water barely reaches my ankles when we started crossing.

I dragged my suitcase. The water felt nice between my toes. I swang my hand that was in Demitri's between us.

The beach water smell was calming. The blue-green water looked so beautiful.

After a while, we arrived at the small island, then got a cab to drive to the other side of the island.

There was an overwater double-story hut, that looked magnificent. From my position, I can see that it has a swimming pool that is directly above the seawater.

The front porch had a woven swing bench thing. It looked like it was made for couples. There was a pillow to make the bench comfortable.

Most of the hut was made out of glass. The windows were huge, there were sliding doors, glass double doors. Glass balconies.