19

D  E  M  I  T  R  I

I watched as Rosa took a nap, she loved sleeping these days.

Maybe she didn't get enough sleep due to other activities done one our vacation.

I wrapped my arms around her as the bus jerked from time to time. I wonder what she's dreaming about.

Obviously I could take a look, but I'd probably have a hard time leaving since it's a dream, not a thought.

If you try to look into someone's mind as they are sleeping, you'd have to try and go through a maze to get out.

I leaned my chin ontop of her head. I kissed her forehead out of instincts.

I looked outside the window at the white fields. The trees looked like they had white leaves. It was truly a sight to see.

The snow had caked up on the branches, making them bend slightly like they were on the verge of snapping.

I heard a stream over the load rumble of the bus engine and the low murmurs of conversion between the inmates and the warrants.

Rosa started with her light snores, meaning she was dead to the world now.

There could be a war, an earthquake and a meteorite attack and she wouldn't know.

I chuckled at this, it's probably something with both share.

It will be a curse to our child, if and when we have one. I started fantasizing about our family to pass the time.

From past conversations, Rosabelle has explicitly expressed her want for a big family.

She says her limit to kids is 4. She said, the pain would probably be worth it.

I, on the hand, want about 5-8 kids. I want a large number but at the same time I want 2 kids.

The oldest being the next in line and the second child is the underboss.

No need to have a power battle or something like that.

If I get all 5 or more kids, I'd make sure they are all interested and preoccupied by other things than to fight amongst themselves for control over the companies and mafia.

I could almost see Rosa's stomach swollen, with her carrying our child or children.

She'd look so beautiful. I can't wait to see her like that in real life.

"Mmhmmm," Rosa groaned, she got comfortable again and started snoring again.

I thought she'd wake up ahead schedule, but no, she was just feeling uncomfortable.

I closed my eyes, pretending to fall asleep too. . .

~~~~~~~

I woke up Rosa when we got to the prison. She moved to her seat as the warrant officers did a head count.

What's the point, we're already here, they should've done it before we left not after.

I've always wondered if officers were stupid, this proves my theory.

Some people are so stupid. If we wanted to, we would've escaped by now.

Exactly, they'd make it so easy to.

"Get off the bus and line up outside," one of the guards said.

I stood up, and helped Rosa stand up too. She wobbled a bit from having her legs in the same position for more than 3 hours.