21

T  H  I  R  D      P  O  V

As soon as Demitri had hung up the telephone, the prison guard walked him to his cell, where Rosa was patiently waiting for him.

Rosabelle was sitting on her bed, sewing one of the jumpsuits Demitri "accidentally" tore. Upon hear the cell door open, she looked down to see Demitri.

She was quick to get off the bunk bed, and make her way to him. He wrapped his arms around her waist like the loving boyfriend he wasn't, well most of the time.

"What have you been up to?" Demitri asked her, as his hands moved down to squeeze her ass.

"I was sewing my torn jumpsuit. How did the call go?" Rosabelle answered, wrapping her left hand around Demitri's bicep. The other moving to his shoulder.

"Maksim, should have an appeal done in about 3 hours and it will reach magistrate court in about 2 hours. If my estimations are correct, we be in court either tomorrow or the day." Demitri said, sounding too confident at his estimations.

"How are you so sure about all of this?" Rosabelle asked, a concerned look washing over her delicate features.

"I have the best consigiliere in the world. I know, he will pull through," He said, with a wicked smirk on his face.

"And what if the appeal is rejected?" Rosabelle asked, worry still itched on her face.

"Then we have something in stored for them," Demitri said then leaned down to give her a kiss on her nose. "Now, stop worrying and come play a game of chess with me,"

"No, I don't want to play chess. You know I can't play chess to save my life. And you always win," Rosabelle refused, crossing her arms underneath her breasts.

Dimitri's eyes made a beeline to her breasts. He cleared his throat and moved his eyes to her lips.

He leaned in and before his lips could touch Rosabelle's, he was pushed back. He looked at Rosa's angry face and he smirked.

"Don't forget that you can't touch me sexually until further notice," Rosabelle glared up at him.

"Does that mean I can't even look at you, and appreciate your beauty?" Demitri asked, tucking his bottom lip in between his teeth.

Rosabelle simply clicked her touch and moved to her bunk bed. She climbed up the ledder with Demitri staring at her the whole time.

She went back to sewing her jumpsuit. Demitri on the other hand, sat on the floor like he was going to meditate.

After about a minute, he started to bleed from his nose and the corner of his eyes. It took Rosabelle a few seconds to notice the blood.

She was quick to jump off the bunk beds and kneel before him, tapping his cheeks. She looked around, until she found a towel to wipe his face.

"Oh, mntakabawo, ubusenzani?" Was what she said. In the midst of stress she reverted to her native tongue. Oh, child of God, what were you doing?

Demitri was in responsive to her words and tapping his cheeks. She did the only logical thing to her at the moment.

She reared her hand back and slapped him so hard, he fell to the side. Demitri woke up with a start.

"Why did you slap me?" Demitri asked a tinge of anger in his voice.

"What else was I supposed to do?" Rosabelle cried. "You were bleeding and weren't responding."

"Oh, I'm sorry I scared you baby," he said pulling her into his lap.

Demitri rubbed her back, whispering words of affection in her ear.