I am the Alpha - Part 31

Hey guys,

thanks for reading, voting and commenting; your continuos support means a lot and really motivates me.

A few people have asked for me to pick up the pace a bit in the book and make some things happen, so they are happening.

hope you like it x

--------

Edited: 19/10/11

--------

~Cole~

Familiar forest surrounds me; it won’t be long before I reach the boundary of my Tribe’s land. I decided to leave my car back at my new house, a subtle warning that I’m coming back for the East Forest wolves. This was the fifth and final day of my journey to my land, the fifth day of running for fourteen hours straight. My paws are aching, my pads are ripped up from the amount of rocks I’ve pounded them onto recently and my claws are chipped and missing in places. I probably look like a creature from hell itself. My huge black body is no longer gleaming but caked with dirt and blood, my teeth are stained with the flesh from my last meal and my eyes are more dilated from being in the murky forest.

 Even in my normal, clean state when some people catch a glimpse of me they see me as an omen of death or something along those lines. I often use it to my advantage… why waste time battling a pack when you can simply frighten them by telling them you are the bringer of death and they will die if they don’t move away?

An old legend among wolves tells of a Black wolf that will have the power to rule over all wolves. If you look at me then read the description you’ll find us identical.  Ever since I was born; I have been treated with great respect by all wolves, more respect than I would get if I was just the Alpha of the pack. No one wants to be my enemy because if it’s proven true that I would be a very bad enemy to have.

My Tribe decided to treat the legend as true when I started to show unusual powers not only physically but mentally. No other wolf has ever had such abilities in the history of wolf-kind. Until recently I thought I was the only one but then I met Erin. As her name burns in my mind like a brandished mark the wolf side of me burns with need, she called to me more than any she-wolf in heat and she wasn’t even in heat. She isn’t even of age in the human world yet. She will be mine.

Her words continue echoing through my thoughts “I’d rather die.” I wonder if she realized that those words only intensified my need for her to be mine. The challenged will make the hunt ten times as appetizing and much more satisfying when it is over - when she sits willingly by my side as a human and as a wolf. I will rule over all wolves with her at my side.

My ears prick up as I reach my Tribe’s land taking in the familiar sounds and scents. I stop to sit on the soft earth and pull my head back letting out an echoing howl to tell them I have returned. Every creature in the valley will have heard it; some will be happy others will flee for their lives. Any rogue within miles will disappear back the way they came; no one messes with the Blood Valley Tribe.

Continuing to run towards the town on the edge of our territory I can hear faint panting and the thudding of a few wolves, my pack mates also heading towards town. Suddenly a large brown wolf appears behind me and quickly falls into step next to me; Brendan my Beta and best friend.

: ‘Cole, when did you get back?’ :

: ‘Just now’ :

: ‘Meet the East Forest pack?’ :

: ‘Yup’:

: ‘Anything interesting?’ :

Interesting, I guess that’s one way to describe it.