I am the Alpha - Part 41

AN*

41 parts. can you believe it, i certainly can't. :)

this book has almost reached 100,00 READS!!!

thank you all so much for reading and voting and commenting. it means the world to me. 

I am almost at 2000 votes!! which is also amazing.. Extra thanks to those who take the effort to click the button and make my day.

I am sorry for taking ages in my standards. But guys chill.... 4 days is not that freaking long :| 

anyways hope you like it :)

xx

----

**Seb**

Tonight we become part of the pack, my body tingles as the thought rushes into my head. Tomorrow we will be a part of the East Forest Pack, Erin’s Pack. I look over at Erin as we walk further into one of the deepest parts of the forest; she turns her head to look at me her green eyes gleaming with excitement. Does she feel the same way I do? Is the same excitement pulsing through her as it is me? I continue to look at her as I am lost in my thoughts, she nods her head slightly. I guess she is.

I turn back to face the Forest in front of me shifting my pack to balance it more comfortably on my shoulders. The trees around us are getting closer together and the sky is getting darker as we continue to walk quickly through the middle of our territory. Our territory is so big that it’s impossible for one wolf to have seen all of it especially if they’re not in the pack. So I have no freaking idea where we’re going. I had a feeling it might be to their secret meadow but I’m pretty sure that’s in the opposite direction to where we’re heading now.

“It’s down here” Erin tells us stopping up ahead next to a fallen tree. Down? We walk up to where she’s standing and find ourselves looking down into a deep gully which I’ve never laid eyes on before. Where is she taking us? I watch as Erin looks over at the guys who are already in the pack, a small grin on her face. Oh crap. “Come on.” She eggs us forward as she starts the decent into the dark gully. I watch her walk for a few moments before following closely behind her. The sounds of us all making our way down the steep, shrub covered slope echoes around us breaking the now eyrie silence.

We walk on and on, down the slope for what seems like an eternity… where are we going? Finally I can see the bottom a few hundred metres up ahead. We all pick up the pace in unison; we must be getting close to our destination by now. As my feet land in the gully my body begins to tingle sending shivers up my spine. I look around taking in the thick, dark trees and the ferns which leave me with a somewhat claustrophobic feeling. There is no obvious path from this point as everything is shadowed by the closed in canopy above us and covered by creeping vines and plants. There are no other colours but green and brown and black, which gives the place a mysterious edge making my skin, tingle even more. My nose is filled with the scent of the others leaving a wolfy aroma, but also with the damp forest and something I can’t quite indentify.

What is this place?

No one is speaking but Erin looks like she is in deep thought. Are we lost? A snigger escapes Erin’s lips in what I assume is the answer to my question. Erin suddenly begins walking again straight into the trees and ferns without looking back to check if we’re following. I rush forward to follow her slipping through the cool ferns. I continue to rush until I’m directly behind her and then drop to her pace. I can hear the rustling of leaves behind me as well as the crashing sound of parts of the forest being broken indicating that the rest of the guys are also following.

After what seems like another good hour we arrive at the edge of this part of the gully. Ahead the trees have thinned out and rays of light are flooding into the forest. We continue to walk stepping out into the bright light into what looks like an ancient forest. The trees are large and hollow, the grass tall, swaying in the breeze, the rocks gleaming in the sunlight. Looking around me it seems like an ancient paradise, untouched by the outside world.