I am the Alpha - Part 49

Hey,

its getting late so i'll make this quick :) 

Thanks so much to all of my amzing fans :) you guys rock. Thank you to everyone who votes and comments!!! It means so much to me!

pLEase: If you like it, or love it :D

Vote, fan, comment, like, tweet.... 

thanks again

ella x

---

~Jack~

Finally we finish packing the tents and start on the journey back to the Tribe. My senses are twice as alert as they were on the way here, not only my sense of smell, touch, sight and all the basics but almost what I would call a sixth scent that makes me twice as aware as to what my pack are doing and where they are.

I feel the surge of freedom seep into the link and turn my head automatically to watch Erin flittering and leaping around still in her beautiful, pure white wolf form. She flicks her tail in the air as she takes another graceful bound sending another surge of freedom and happiness into the link. Whether she’s doing it on purpose or it’s naturally happening I don’t know.

I have the urge to join her but the pack on my back won’t carry itself. Back at the Tarhbeish no one even questioned when Jordan picked up Erin’s pack along with his own and continued to walk without complaint. He’s definitely the one with the most brute strength and Erin wagged her tail when she saw in approval so I guess it doesn’t matter.

We continue back up the side of the gorge and into the normal forest that we know all so well. My ears prick slightly as a branch falls somewhere far to our right and a few animals are grazing nearby. We are walking at a fast pace and should be back within half an hour at the latest.

I wonder what the tribe will think of our change, will they even notice it? I mean for us it was hard to miss but for them it may not even be noticeable.

“Do you reckon that new guy still doesn’t realise Erin is the Alpha?” Jordan asks suddenly breaking the peaceful silence.

“Unless he’s thick, I’m pretty sure he’ll have figured it out by now.” Matt replies honestly

“Hey Erin,” Jordan calls out and her ears prick up.

< ‘Yeah?’ Erin replies happily.>

“Have you decided what lesson to give Luke?” I totally forgot about that, this is going to be good.

<’so many schemes, so little time…’ Erin replies playfully. >

“Have you got a solid plan yet?’ Mitch asks curiously.

<’Nope. But I want to make an entrance seeing as we are different now.’ >

“What did you have in mind?’ I ask curiously smiling over at Erin as she frolics just ahead of us. A mental image forms in my head of Erin’s idea of an entrance and I can’t help but grin.

 <we’ have to ditch the packs here and come back for them tomorrow.’ >

I look over to where Erin is and notice she’s at the edge of the forest that leads to the main Tribe land. I watch as Erin trots up to Jordan who grins down at her as she noses him in the leg. They both walk behind a large clump of trees and a few seconds later Jordan comes back leaving Erin and her pack.  drop my pack on the large pile already formed by the others and then take my shoes and shirt off leaving them by my pack ready to change forms once Erin’s back.