Chapter 1 ~ First Impressions

~ Heizou's POV: ~ October 13th ~ Friday ~

Today stood just like every typical day...

I was wrong.

Today stood out instead. I awoke this morning stubbing my toe against the hard bed frame corner. What the fuck.

"Friday 13th." It read on my calendar. These goddamn... superstitions. It took about 5 minutes for my toe to feel more suitable. I snatched the feather which stood vertically inside the ink cup and quickly crossed out today with my quill. I'm not putting up with these stupid superstitions.

That explains it. I thought. Perhaps today would be a very unlucky day for me. Gosh, I wonder what could be waiting for me at work...

I avoided stubbing my toe again and limped my way to the bathroom. I felt unnecessarily exhausted this morning. Eventually, I started my regular morning routine covering my face with foundation to cover that scar. And ultimately, finding my brown ribbon on the bathroom counter and putting up my auburn hair, in that usual low ponytail.

I don't usually let my hair down when I snooze for the night, I'm pretty sure he let it down for me. The only thing that was on my mind was Kazuha...

I remember we both hung out at our usual spot yesterday night after an excessively long shift Kujou Sara prepared for me. Kazuha was and I fell asleep together...

Kazuha should keep his hair down more often...and me...? There I was zoning off again. I had to get ready quickly. Stubbing my toe didn't help with time management.

Maybe I envy him, maybe I want to be him... or be with him... Did I like him? Kazuha was my best friend... It was the 'unlucky' day anyway. Maybe these superstitions of Friday the 13th were true, this was the second time I considered Kazuha in... that way...

I couldn't let these introspections get the best of me. Otherwise, ill be late again, and my boss will probably make me perform even longer than yesterday!

Maybe Kazuha can help me.

I'll be sure to meet with him later today...

"Morning boss!" I hurried over to my Boss. She was calmly handling some paperwork outside the Tenryou Commission. "Oh Shikanoin, just the person I need. I have a certain individual I need you to meet."

"Another client?!" I wailed. Meeting new people wasn't really my forte. In the end, they are just going to despise me like everyone else in the Tenryou Commission.

Sara ignored my whining and rolled her golden eyes. "Go inside and eat while we wait for him to show up." Sara insisted. "Oh no. It's okay, I'll wait here!" I responded quickly. I certainly would rather meet someone new than eat that disgusting food in the Tenryou Commission.

"Why do I need to meet someone new anyway?"

"It's for a case. This boy is from Snezhnaya, it's just some back-and-forth banter including him." She looked elsewhere. "It's not that important. Just get it done."

"Consider it done~" I beamed, beginning to get comfortable and casually relaxing my hands behind my neck. I caught this emo looking-boy with an oversized red hat. "I want you to meet Scaramouche." Sara introduced him. I felt like bursting out laughing. I've never seen a drastic hat like that.

"PFFT!-" I couldn't get comfy and covered my mouth. "Be serious, Shikanoin!" Sara roared. I didn't need her to embarrass me in front of a guy modeling an oversized ring cardboard cut out on his head. What in the actual hell is that boy doing in a place of such high maintenance?  I'm sure there aren't any circus shows hiring a clown in Inazuma.