Chapter 18 ~ Birthday ⚠️

~Scara's POV:~ October 29th ~ Sunday ~

The past couple days have been rather long and boring.

Heizou has been extremely busy at work recently, it's not like I can do anything about it.

I've been at Kazuha's house alone. Kazuha is still recovering from the ice, it's worst than we had anticipated.

I've gone out to visit Heizou at work a couple times, but sometimes I have no clue where he is.

I wasn't aloud to step foot into the hospital now because of what I did to a nurse when visiting Kazuha the first time.

Somebody found her dead body in the closet. It's a shame..

"Hey. You there! Yes you!" Somebody shouted, calling for me? I was out in the city today.

I saw Shinobu, one of Heizou's friend. What does she want?

"Long time no see eh?" Kuki smiled pulling me over. "H-Hey... watch it!"

"Oh~ Is this one of Shikanoin Heizou's acquaintances?" A fish girl asked behind Shinobu.

"Yes of course." Kuki crossed her arms. "Do you know where Heizou is?"

"We need him again." Kokomi smiled delighted to be in the city.

"No. Do you know what happened last time?! I'm not telling you where he is!!" I cried.

"Perhaps it's for a different reason, Kuni~" Heizou popped out of nowhere and approached Shinobu and Kokomi.

"You two have been getting along recently, I see?"
(Quite literally)  Heizou grinned at both of them.

"Haha! Yes. We decided to plan a surprise for Kazuha! Today is his birthday!" Kokomi suggested.

"Oh. It is?" I was genuinely surprised. "I thought birthdays were just a myth..."

"Uhm. What-." Heizou brushed off my statement quickly, why was he confused? Was it something I said?

"Kokomi, Shinobu and I have been planning this for the past couple days!" He smiled in excitement.

"You didn't even know Kazuha's birthday and you're dating him?" Shinobu crossed her arms,.

"You don't know anything. Worthless creature."

"While you don't have room to talk, you literally attacked me." Kuki snapped back.

"For a good reason!"

"Enough you two, I'm sure we all want to celebrate Kazuha's birthday without any arguments!" Heizou broke us up.

"Especially you Scara. I know Kazuha means a lot to you, we should enjoy this day."

"I can't believe you're attempting to comfort this monster! He's somehow worse than Itto!" Shinobu argued.

"Hey- Please Scara, just apologize to Shinobu, okay?" Heizou begged.

"Now your taking her side?!" I shouted, charging up an electric hand. "S-Scara! She's my friend, and you hurt her!!" Heizou yelled back.

"ITS HER FAULT FOR BEING WITH YOU!!" I cried.

Silence.

Kokomi giggled. "Ah, jealous I see? Don't worry Scaramouche~"

"How do you know my name?" I narrowed my eyes towards the joyful fish. "Hehe!~ Heizou and Shinobu talk about you all the time! Except, Shinobu doesn't really say the nicest things..."

"You know, NOBODY ASKED YOU TO EXPOSE ME!!" Kuki argued. Kokomi giggled, "Apologises!~"

"Fine. Sorry Kuki Shinobu." I stomped my foot in anger.