Chapter 23 ~ Unstable Relationship

~???'s POV:~ 2 days later ~ (future)

The new opening, into the world of Teyvat...

Where was I...

Who... am I...?

"Welcome. Little child, it's time for the gods to finally return the favor." A tall woman said as her voice echoed across the void.

Who is she...

"My name is Greater Lord Rukkhadevata, my child." The tall woman told me. I comprehended her appearance and effortlessly define her as a captivating, dendro archon. Vines and small dendro particles formed out of her hands, and long lushes of white hair flowed through the unknown, mysterious breeze.

She was so iconic... and unique... I never want to leave this place. "Mom!" I shouted.

"Oh, young child. I am not your mother..." Lord Rukkhadevata chuckled, "perhaps you'll find something new, in your upcoming life."

"..."

"Who am I... greater lord..." I bowed before her, "tell me who I will be as a person, what is my purpose in this ancient world?!"

She approached me and gently stroked my head of hair, "The world is like a chamber of secrets, if your job to unlock it, young one." She comforted.

"Greater lord Rukkhadevata... tell me who I am..." I cried, pressing my head against the floor. "Please I need to know..."

"You... my dear. You're the key to Teyvat's future... you're the key to a divinity's demise... you're the key to a quantity of sealed away mortal emotions which had been scrubbed away long ago."

"Your intent is to save..."

"save... who?" I question.

"In the real world, information such as this won't be passed around for free. You have to learn how to figure out these details on your own." She told me. "Tell me please, greater lord!" I got to my knees once again.

"My dear, I shall not tell you anymore. It's your life, you have to learn to be responsible."

"..."

"I'm counting on you, little one."

Her words sent shivers down my spine... why am I so cold...?

Why can't I... see her anymore?!!

"Greater lord?!" I shouted, "RUKKHADEVATA!!" I cried, tears streaming down my cheeks. "P-PLEASE... come back... w-what if I never see you again..." I cry.

"You'll... never see me ever again, my child, perhaps you'll forget about me." She whispered.

"RUKKHADEVATA..." I shouted, "YOU AREN'T LEAVING! PLEASE!"

"I won't be leaving... but you will be soon." She informed me. "My child... stop holding back, you have much potential in your unexplored life."

"potential... I can't believe... somebody like you... states I have... potential??" I smiled.

"Don't hold back." She reassured.

"R-Rukkhadevata- where did you..."

"Goodbye Kunheka."

*ding*

"Who was I... talking to?"

"..."