Chapter 28 ~ Portal

~Nahida's POV:~

The little puppet stood up and kicked her chair back.

"Kunheka! You can't go anywhere, what are you doing??" I shouted.

"Ms. Nahida..." Kunheka addressed me by that name. "Can you take me somewhere, with no distractions...? Somewhere quiet..." She asked.

I needed to fulfill this poor little puppet's wish.

"Of course... but may I ask why?" I ask.

"..."

She didn't respond.

"Alright, follow me little puppet." I gently smiled, I know she asked for a quiet place, a place without distractions. But I can read her like an open book and I know exactly what she wants.

"But wait..." She stopped.

"Yes, I'll get Heizou." I smiled, she wanted to bring Heizou along. I wonder why she only wanted Heizou and not Kazuha.

I know this puppet wants to go back in the Akedemiya, I know she wants to go through the portal. I know for a fact she wants to stand in that open battle field where we first met her.

"Come on." I reached my hand out for her, she gently grabbed a hold of my hand and we walked together.

I know Chiyo won't be able to keep his promise he made... I can see the future as an archon and it's looking good for Scaramouche, not for Chiyo...

I don't want to expose this to her too soon, it's her first time experiencing betrayal and Scaramouche never had proper care for his trauma.

What we need to do is reunite these too, Scaramouche has to clear things up with Heizou. Then we need to escape or defeat Dottore once and for all.

It's easier said than done... we know Scaramouche is stubborn has hell and Dottore is hard to defeat.

Or things will take a turn for the absolute worst.

"Are we still going to raid the Akedemiya...?" Heizoy suddenly appeared out of nowhere, shattering my thoughts. Kunheka rushed to him and immediately asked if Chiyo was alright.

"IS CHIYO OKAY?!" She screamed.

"Oh... yes of course." Heizou reassured. "Don't worry about him, Kunheka."

Heizou couldn't help but to smile. "KunHEka." He grinned. "HE. HEHEHHE." Heizou jumped around playfully.

Kunheka giggled, I'm glad she had a father like Heizou. He really knew how to brighten the mood.

"Ahem..." I got his attention. "To answer your question, no." I explained. "You were right, it's way too dangerous. Kunheka has a new idea."

I'm sure Kunheka is happy that we are using her plan. I know all little kids wants to be the center of attention or the savior. She is strong enough to fight for herself.

"Oh? She has an idea, what may your idea be?" Heizou asked his daughter. Kunheka gently smiled, "You will see."

Instead of laughing along like Heizou usually does, his expression turned blank.

Kunheka was the one giggling, not him. He stared...

~Heizou's POV:~

Kunheka is way too happy...

My intuition... it's trying to tell me something, after so long without it I finally hear it again.

Don't. Follow. Her. Plan.