Chapter 20 ~ Break up

~Heizou's POV:~ November 7th ~ Tuesday ~

It's been about a week since Scaramouche went missing...

Where has he gone...

Kazuha and I have had sleepless nights searching for him... he was gone...

Sara surprisingly had let me off work for a while, she knows how crucial Scaramouche is to me, and I'm pleased we are on good terms. She is my senior.

Kazuha hasn't been eating... this was his 3rd day without dinner.

I always saw Scaramouche in the kitchen and making bentos whenever he was bored like the first time I was invited over. Maybe I can do it too...

I made two bentos for me and Kazuha, they didn't look the best but. It reminded me of Scaramouche...

After all the efforts I put into making this stunning bento, Kazuha never ate...

He sat down by candlelight isolated in the shady, extra upstairs bedroom.

It's so...bare... Everything in my life has turned gray. I can't see...

Everything hurts...

I carried his bento up to the room.

*knock knock*

"K-Kazuha.. please get out of there. You need to eat!" I remarked. No response...

I easily bust the door wide open, Kazuha was laying on the table.

Was he sleeping...?

"K-Kazuha..."

"..."

I slowly stepped closer to him, only to realize a lot of spatters of ink on a piece of paper he leaned his head against.

What was he writing?

"K-Kazuha... wake up." I gently shook him around, and he helplessly lift his head, groaning.

"S-Shikanoin... mgh..." He muttered, falling against my shoulder. I quickly caught him and wrapped him around in my kimono-styled jacket.

"Heizou... mgh... please... find him..." He muttered. "You're the intelligent one here. You're the detective... he appreciates you more... he-" He stammered.

"K-Kazuha... what are you saying?! Scaramouche wanted you... you know what transpired between us in early October. I-I'm sure we'll find him, I think we just need to stay up tonight and go out searching again like the last couple of days. He'll be out there waiting for us!" I encouraged.

"I know what you guys did." Kazuha murmured, "In the woods. In the Tenryou Commission."

My eyes widened. Is he upset?!

"I told you that day that I loved Scaramouche. Then you... you went out of your way to make me feel helpless... y-you stole him from me... you..." Kazuha complained as salty resentful tears rolled down his cheeks.

"Y-You... YOU ARE THE CULPRIT! YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR ABSURD POSITION MORE THAN HIM, NOW HE IS GONE ALL BECAUSE OF YOU!" Kazuha hollered.