Chapter 29 ~ Restart ⚠️

~Kazuha's POV:~

When we arrived back at Nahida and her nonexistent portal, Chiyo and Childe were as happy as ever.

"Hello, archon." Childe bowed, "what may you need us for?"

"Well... I'm sorry in advance." Nahida began, "I need to tell you something, Chiyo."

"Kunheka went missing with Heizou."

We all glanced over at Chiyo's face. His smile immediately faded as soon as he heard the news, he even clenched his fist.

"H-Hey... Nahida you really didn't have to just drop the news like a bomb, you could've helped him relax first..." Childe suggested.

"No... it's okay..." Chiyo whispered, "I... I'm a big kid now! I can handle this...!" He shouted. His voice was shaky, I could tell he was scared. "Is this... what happened to daddy and sissy..."

"Hey... no! No! This is just a one-time thing, I'm sure we can find Heizou and Kunheka!" Childe relaxed him.

"Basically, Kunheka and Heizou went into the portal. But then Kunheka closed it and trapped her and Heizou inside. Assumably, but Kunheka was secretly being controlled by Dottore, I mean she was a puppet made by him and she wouldn't betray the people who saved her."

"She has emotional relationships with each of you," Nahida explained. "I don't think she would drop them for the sake of her master."

Chiyo began to cry, and I don't think he was crying at Kunheka and Heizou's disappearance...

"I broke... the promise..." he whispered.

"HEY! Hey! I'm sure we all broke promises before!" Childe began, "Like... look at Kazuha for example! He lost both Scaramouche and Heizou, he's strong and knows how to control his emotions. We will find her for you, I promise Chi-"

"THAT'S JUST ANOTHER FALSE PROMISE IS IT?!" He shouted, "SHUT UP CHILDE!"

Childe's eyes widened and he just stopped trying. He obviously didn't want to make Chiyo even more upset than he is right now.

Chiyo ran to me and hugged me, gently crying against my clothes. I wrapped my arms around him and let him cry.

"We need you guys to reopen the portal..." Nahida said, "The quicker we do this, the more likely we'd find Kunheka." Nahida explained.

Chiyo stood in front of where the portal used to stand and dragged Childe with him.

"I'm ready." Chiyo shouted, "Childe is ready as well!" He spoke for Childe, he was probably not ready for this.

"Alright, I need you both to combine your elements and create this portal. Use as much power as you can, the stronger it is the more accurate the portal will be. This portal will only be a replica since the actual portal is still forming." Nahida said, "as soon as you guys get in, I'll be able to let you out, just remember to find them as quickly as you can and don't attack anything in there!"

"Alright, we get it." Childe spoke over her, "Ready Chiyo. Put as much as you can into this! To find Kunheka!!" Childe roared, blasting hydro straight into where the portal used to stand.

Chiyo did just the same, but seemed like his pyro was very weak. The room flashed and flickered with lights as the portal slowly began constructing itself.

"Chiyo! Add more power!" Nahida shouted, "COME ON CHIYO!!" I shouted along with her. I could notice the difference in power between Chiyo and Childe. Chiyo was still a little kid so, I understand.

The portal is barely forming.

I stood behind Chiyo and implemented some anemo, creating even more pyro in the force. Anymore anemo and the entire reaction would collapse, "CHIYO!! KEEP GOING!!" I called as I stopped adding anemo into the mix.