Chapter 30 ~ Complete Cycle

~Heizou's POV:~

I mainly ran to Chiyo, both Kazuha and Scaramouche slowly tagged along behind me. "CHIYO!!" I shouted.

I automatically thought back to Chinatsu and the hallucinations I was having. She got so mad for Scaramouche... she would be FURIOUS if her own direct family was killed, not caused by myself but could've been stopped.

It hurts watching anybody lay in lifelessly knowing you could've change the outcome.

I sat there, holding Chiyo in my arms and lightly crying. "Heizou... you should really try and stay... calm and we can work things out." Scara muttered, "we both know this is hard for you..."

"He isn't my child... I don't know why I'm getting emotional over this... Chinatsu is going to blame me for everything... first Scaramouche, now Chiyo... it's all my fault..."

"I could've changed this outcome, both Scaramouche and Chiyo would make it out alive... but Chiyo is really gone... there is no more chance with him."

I didn't realize I was thinking outloud. Saying everything going through my mind at the time. "Y-You didn't hear anything guys... I- MGH!" I whimpered, holding back more tears.

'Maybe they were right about everything. Chinatsu was right, Maeko was right, Aizara was right, Scara was right. I was wrong.' I thought.

Chinatsu was right

Maeko was right

Aizara was right

Scara was right

Kept repeating in my head, I stood up and expected to see a portal where I glanced. But no... how could this get any worse... I looked back at Kazuha and Scaramouche who were giving me a respectful moment of silence. Just kneeling on the floor so helplessly...

I touched my face, feeling for this scar... I haven't even seen my own family is a while. The scar was, somehow healing? It was fading away I could barely feel it anymore. "I'm sorry... for letting you down Kazuha..." I whispered. "I'm sorry, Scara... for doing just the same..."

This scar was the last family I had until my dad went away to who knows where. I don't even know if he's alive anymore... I just want to go home... back to work, see Kujou Sara, Asakura, and my other doushins. I want to see Thoma, Yoimiya. I want to go to the Komore teahouse and drink this stupid life away.

I want to go back to sitting at Kazuha and I's spot. I want to sit, lean against his shoulder and take a small nap after a long day of work.

I want to be able to go home and sleep without anything bothering me.

I want to go back to solving these cases, I want to go back home...

I miss Inazuma...

But if I were to go back... it wouldn't be the same without Chiyo... or Scaramouche...

I never thought the moments I'd take for granted would be the golden ones.

"Oh no..." Scaramouche muttered, "I'm sorry for disturbing your moment, Heizou... but I-"

Kazuha questioned, "What happening?"

"Hey... it's me! Scaramouche! You remember me right guys!!" Scaras asks in a panic, trying to grab Kazuha's hand and reassure to him.

"I'm sorry Kazuha! I'm sorry Heizou!" Scara chanted, "please... let me stay a little bit longer!"

"I remember you? Scara... We would never forget you..." Kazuha whispered, gently hugging Scaramouche.

"But... Dottore... he's trying to get rid of me! For good... and I think he's going to do you both a big favor." Scaramouche sighed.