Chapter 22 ~ Discovery ⚠️

~Kazuha's POV:~ November 10th ~

Chiyo and I arrived in Port Ormos. Which was the largest port in Sumeru, pretty interesting if you ask me. Chiyo was very tired on the trip, I was not familiar with sailing without Captain Beidou or the Crux.

It's quite disappointing that the Crux is gone... Chiyo laid his head on my lap throughout the voyage. He curled his legs together and held my arm tightly.

And now I'm carrying the poor boy off the boat. He honestly brought me so much joy.

I know both Scaramouche and Heizou did so much for him, just knowing he was saved by my boyfriends is so heartwarming. Seeing him happy and smiling is a reward of its own.

He even wanted to save Scaramouche and Heizou just as they saved him. Such a strong boy. When I was his age, I always spent the nights crying. He seemed to be very well after his sister and father's death. I'm sure deep down he misses his sister dearly.

"Hm. You look like a Kaedahara..." Somebody crossed his arms, leaning against a wall. "Come here."

"Huh..?"

"Hello. I am a Scholar in the akedemiya. You seem to know about the rumor of Tatarasuna and Kabukimono, right?" He asked. "I would like to know everything you know about it, especially since you are a Kaedahara and founder of Isshin Art, right?"

"Tatarasuna? Never heard of a rumor..." I stuttered.

"Impossible... you're from inazuma and part of the clan founders of Isshin Art!" He remarked. "Yes... you said that before..." A weird scholar if you ask me...

I was getting quite uncomfortable. "E-Eh... please keep your voice down. I'm just here to search for somebody..."

"Who may you be looking for? I could help you in exchange for information about Tatarasuna." He offered. "Oh really? Do you want me to tell you everything I know about Tatarasuna? In exchange for help to find somebody named Scaramouche and Shikanoin Heizou?"

"Just give me descriptions and I'll track them down for you." He smirked. Oddly suspicious... "Hey, why don't I take you back to the Akedemiya to make things easier?" He offered.

"Uhm... I'm good thanks. I need to look after my kid." I said, carrying Chiyo on my back.

"Your kid?" He questioned. "New Kaedahara I see? Who's your wife?" He asked.

"W-Well... he's not my kid-" I said. "So you took a kid which wasn't yours into Sumeru? Interesting, I know all the details of smuggling and illegal porting at Port Ormos. Why don't I just report, you know?"

"Oh you got it all wrong sir, he doesn't have parents so I'm taking care of him." I lied. I just picked him off the street, to be honest, but he insisted on coming with me so.

"Does the Kaedahara have a lover?" He questioned. "You only wanted to know about Tatarasuna." I remind him.

"You're probably just wasting my time." He shrugged off. "You either come with me to the Akedemiya and I can help you find who you're looking for. In exchange for information about Tatarasuna. Or leave." He threatened.

"Why don't we go with the original plan?" I recommended. "Alright, let's go."

"Chiyo, wake up..." I gently tapped his cheek. "Mgh... five more minutes!" He wailed.

I giggled slightly. "You said you wouldn't be an annoyance, silly!"

"A-Ah! I'm awake!!" He quickly got on his two feet and carried his claymore on his shoulder.

"Enemies! Where?!" He called, jumping in front of me and protecting me with his claymore. "You! Who are you??" He pointed to the scholar.

"A Sumerian scholar going to help us find Heizou and Scaramouche." I gently patted Chiyo's head. "You're a very strong boy Chiyo, already protecting me, I see?"