Chapter 14 ~ Aizara Case pt. 2

~Heizou's POV:~

I was getting prepared to go spectate the court trial when a watasumi island soldier found me while I was fixing my tie.

"Sir. Shikanoin. Kujou Sara just reached Her Excellency. About one of your acquaintances that volunteered to babysit."

My eyes broadened. Scaramouche. What happened? "Start speaking," I instructed.

"S-Sir I only just received the letter from Her Excellency-" He stuttered delivering an envelope. I seized it from his hand and quickly read it.

'Possible suspicion towards Aizara.' It said. 'Get to Heizou as soon as possible'.

Why did I leave him there all by himself... I shouldn't have left him there.

I had to go back into the city. "I-I NEED TO GO!" I ran for the door. "Wait! Detective. You need to attend this court trial!" He notified me.

"Shit."

I had to stay for the case. But I need to go save him. "Besides. No boats are sailing to Ritou right now." He told me.

"I-ILL SWIM THERE!" I shouted. I just remembered that I couldn't swim-

"N-No... I can't.." I muttered to myself. "We will send some Tenryou officers on the case for you Sir-"

"N-NO! I NEED TO SAVE HIM MYSELF!" I shouted reaching for the door. The resistance officer grabbed my wrist holding me back. "This is her excellency's order! You must not leave yet!" He held onto me.

"LET GO!" I hollered. "YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO LEAVE DETECTIVE!!" He yelled back at me, calling in backup. Two other resistance soldiers pushed me back into the room.

I couldn't leave... no one would let me... I hope you are okay Scaramouche... I promise I'll be there soon.

Eventually, I entered the courthouse as the justice began speaking. I didn't have time for this. My job was to display the evidence I found.  I didn't think I could have to speak early on.

So I just sat in the jury, thinking. If Mr. Aizara does anything to Scaramouche... Sara must kick him out now! B-But it did say 'possible'. Why does she think that anyway?

If Scaramouche can admit it himself, then I will fully believe it. She probably hasn't even spoken to Scaramouche herself.

I need to talk to him. I need to get in touch with him. I need him to help me find more leads. I bet he has many leads for me.

He's experienced it himself. Maybe he can really help me get my position back.

I should be worrying about where he is first, then we can handle all the Mr. Aizara stuff later.

Just calm down...

"May Detective Shikanoin Heizou present our evidence now?" The judge turned to me. "Oh! Y-Yes sir. Allow me to begin." I began showcasing the evidence.

I've done this job many times before. I wasn't worried about messing up. I do a pretty good job of hiding my feelings behind a straight face.

Although I barely do it. People on Watasumi Island barely know me. They don't know my true personality of flirting with every person I see.

I suddenly scrambled my words. "He 3 pm her murder-"

I quickly covered my mouth. "S-Sorry... I mean... He murdered her at 3 pm in the afternoon. Due to the quality of the body when it was found. I have many other reasons supporting this claim. As I already examined the body myself." I went on.