Part 2: Chapter 31 ~ Clandestine

~ No POV: ~ December 13th ~ Wednesday ~

The family was busy, celebrating with Kunheka on her special day, and Kazuha began clearing up the counters while everybody was feasting on the strawberry cake Kazuha decorated prior to their arrival.

He shuffled across Heizou's bags, with important documents and supplies for his work. He noticed Heizou's camera peaking out, the string attached to it drooped over the side of the smaller tote bag.

Kazuha remembered how much he defended this particular camera, and carefully laced his fingers over it. The lens was perfect and clear, this object seemed to be more important to him than Kazuha himself.

Heizou and Chiyo were chatting with Kunheka back at the dinner table, everybody had always been too busy doing their own things, Kazuha was happy he was able to creative a fun and wholesome way to reconnect!

Perhaps he wouldn't noticed if Kazuha just took a small peak. The contents have always been hidden away and clandestine...

Kazuha had second thoughts about it, Heizou would usually flip out when he simply miss-places the camera. The two were allowed to keep things from each other if they truly wanted to. He trusts him... at least he should.

What could be on this thing that's so heartbreaking? Enough to leave Heizou in this constant state of depression. If he wanted to feel better, then why not just get rid of the camera? He'll forget about it eventually.

Kazuha threw the bag over his shoulders and carried it off,  Heizou quickly noticed him leaving with his things.

"Kazuha, honey? Where are you going, don't you want to celebrate with us?"

"Oh, uhm... I was clearing up the counters, and I'm going to store your bag in the bedroom if that's alright with you?"

"Depends, are you coming back?"

"Well of course, just remember you have that case tomorrow." said Kazuha. "You have to be out of the house early, get sleep."

"Can't I spend some time with Kunheka without having to worry?" Heizou whined. Kazuha gently smiled and rolled his eyes, "of course."

Kazuha placed the bag right on the bed and pulled out the camera again. He swore to never intrude in Heizou's privacy, but at this point, he was his husband, there shouldn't be any secrets between them, they had a child for god's sake.

He believed full honesty was required for a healthy relationship, and it was time for him to get his way.

"Heizou." He began, "you need to tell me what's on the camera, I shall not take no for an answer."

Heizou already felt anxious the minute Kazuha held it in his hands. Kunheka and Chiyo exchanged curious looks, and eventually agreed with Kazuha. "Yeah, what's in there, dad?"

"What could you possibly even have in there, old man?" Chiyo pressed the topic further.

Heizou gave him an annoyed look, "this doesn't even concern you, idiot..." He shot off his chair and attempted to snatch it out of his hands. "Look, it's been 6 years... I don't need you nagging me about this anymore... I'm completely over it..."