Epilogue ~ One-less

~6 years later:~

Heizou sat on the bed, holding his old camera and watching through clips he had taken years ago...

"I'll write a poem for you. It will be done by tomorrow. I promise to finish in time for you."

"No one will ever replace you Heizou," Kazuha swore.

"Are you sure you're not lying?~"

"I promise."

"This video was taken... October 12th, 6 years ago." Heizou read the date outloud.

'October 18th' this one said.

"You and Scaramouche definitely did 'something' while I was away, right?"

"W-WHAT.. NO! KAZUHA!"

"H-hey! That's my Kimono!"

"Give that back you jerk!"

"I JUST WOKE UP WITH THIS ON!"

"why are YOU wearing MINE?!"

Heizou giggled to himself, then began mocking. "HeY tHaTs mY kImoNo!"

He clicked through more videos and found one from
November 9th.

"It is, November 9th! I'm here on a boat with Shinobu, I am on my way to Sumeru so we can find Scaramouche once and for all! I also need to update in what I found."

"The evidence directly leads to Scaramouche being captured by the Fatui from the footage my boss, Kujou Sara collec-"

Heizou closed his camera when somebody walked through the door.

"Hey, babe..." Kazuha gently knocked on the door.

"Please knock before entering... I was just, looking through some old things..." Heizou whispered, "what do you need, love?"

"Tomorrow is... well... the wedding and I just want to be clear, are you alright? You've been acting so weird recently...?" Kazuha asked.

"I'm alright." Heizou confirmed, "you don't need to worry about me babe. Everything is fine."

"If you say so..." Kazuha muttered, "say... can I see that camera? I always see you carrying it around but I don't know what's actually in it!" Kazuha smiled, walking over to the bed and sitting next to Heizou.

Kazuha tried to snatch the camera from Heizou's hands, but Heizou quickly responded.

"N-NO! I- ahem... I mean... no thanks, there is nothing important in the camera it was just used for work. I have many dead body pictures on here from the past cases, I don't want to traumatize you. Your gorgeous eyes don't deserve to see this shit."

Kazuha just grinned, "well, neither does yours." Kazuha inched closer to Heizou's face and leaned him against the bed.

"I can't believe you are finally going to take my name! Kaedahara Heizou! I'm so happy." Kazuha embraced Heizou hand in his.

"Now come on! Let's go see my family and hang at the beach!" Kazuha grabbed his hand and pulled him off the bed. Heizou dropped the camera on the bed and ran with him.

He knew he had to embrace what he has now... but it's just so difficult without the other half of the relationship.

Heizou laid stiff on the sand, gently leaning his head against Kazuha's shoulder. But following behind the two was, Niwa standing tall and proud behind Kazuha, speaking loudly with praise.