Chapter 21 ~ Sumeru

~Heizou's POV:~ November 9th ~ Thursday ~

"Wake up! You sleepyhead!" Shinobu remarked. "I'm not carrying you off the ship, we're practically in Liyue!"

"mgh..." I wailed opening my eyes.

"Yes I know, good morning," Shinobu stated. "And welcome to Liyue, Heizou!" My eyes widened when I saw the gorgeous city. "Woah... w-where are we..?" I mumbled.

She darted at me. "Are you fucking kidding me. I just said it."

"Well. I wasn't listening." I grinned.

"Welcome. To Liyue Harbor. Heizou. I always see Kazuha here sometimes." Shinobu commented. "But we aren't stopping here, we need to get to Sumeru which is across the Chasm, and more out west."

Kuki pointed to this huge mountain which was hazy from a ground-level view.

"Wait... why am I here to begin with..?" I questioned.

"You. You my boy. You're going to rescue Scaramouche."

"You know where he is?!" I asked.

"While I resumed my studies, I noticed something off. So after my classes, I went around Sumeru searching for what felt incorrect until I heard that Scaramouche went missing back in Inazuma." She clarified.

"Soon enough, I overheard some people saying they spotted him here a couple of times. Except he was with a 'tall ginger' and 'dentist guy' The descriptions might be off but, do you know anything about this?"

"..."

"Childe," I muttered.

"Some people in the Akedemiya must've seen him a couple of times, I would let you go search for him in the Akedemiya but they are closed for the next 3 days, and they don't even allow outsiders," Shinobu told.

"H-Huh!"

"You need to ask my senpai, Yanfei. She's a lawyer and pretty good detective if you ask me." She promoted another detective to me... interesting.

"If we can Yanfei on the case, I'm sure we'll find Scaramouche in no time!" She encouraged.

"Alright... Thank you very much, Shinobu."

"Hey, it's no problem! But unfortunately, if you possibly do travel to Sumeru for the rescue process, I can't go with you. I can't help you, the Akademiya is giving all students a 3-day break as I said before." She explained.

"It kinda depends on how long this evidence gathering is going to be," I said.

"The Akademiya is only allowing a select few scholars to work on the day of closing... isn't that also interesting?" She smiled.

"Huh. How come?"

"The Akademiya never has long recesses like this... it's sort of strange.." She mentioned.

"Hm... isn't it weird that there is a 3-day break when Scaramouche could possibly have been taken there... do you think he's going to the Akademiya? For what...?"

"Hey, before we head over to Sumeru. How about we ask around." She recommended. "My senpai Yanfei might know some crucial variables!"

"Good idea.." I answered, "now what are you waiting for? Let's go find Yanfei!!" She grabbed my hand and rushed me off the boat to who knows where.

I didn't feel too good about this... I feel like I'm forgetting who I'm looking for...

I could barely even keep my head up...