Chapter 26 ~ Promises

~Childe's POV:~

"The ancient kingdom was wrongfully cursed, turning its inhabitants into monsters... If Abyss be thy name, I pledge to you my loyalty."

"I've been created to eliminate wasteful mortals such as yourself... I bow before my creator, Dottore. Nobody will stop us from achieving the victory he had long desired..."

"Hah!" I spun my blade around almost making it impossible to dodge. Kunheka reacted quickly and caved herself in another electric shield.

I charged my electric blade straight into the shield and broke it easily. Kunheka yelped and squirmed in pain, "G-GAH!" She cried, the electric blade caused a huge impact on her overall performance.

"Heh, finally a hit you." I grinned, resting up while she was weak. "Hah... h-hit me... strike me down I dare you!"

"Oh...? That's no fun is it?" I played around with her emotions, "N-NO! DON'T KILL ME PLEASE!" Kunheka bowed, "IVE JUST BEEN BORN... PLEASE LET ME GO..."

"Huh? Let you go? Were you a prisoner?" Childe joked. The little girl was quiet. "Alright then, time to end this!" I smiled, slowly approaching Kunheka, lifting my blade.

I wouldn't dare hurt a child like her... I was bluffing... I can't do this... Shinobu sure kept her eye on me, I felt her gaze burning through my clothes, what is she looking at?!

I glance over to that little green haired prick. She just crossed her arms and grinned. "Well see how the ginger gets out of this one. Heh." She laughed, what does she expect me to do?! It's a child!

"HEY! YOU SHOULDN'T BE TALKING! IM CARRYING YOU THROUGH THIS I DESERVE RESPEC-"

"WATCH OUT!!" Yanfei shouted. "H-Huh?-"

I couldn't even process what just happened... next thing I knew, Kunheka had struck me down with a huge purple arm behind her, wielding a huge sword. Where the fuck did that come from?!

It hurts... my shoulder ached... why did she have to hit me there... Shinobu ran to me and helped me stand. "GINGER!! YOU HAVE TO BE CAREFUL!" She called, Kunheka let all this happen, she carefully watched Shinobu rush over to me.

"I-I don't want to do this..." She whispered. "H-Help me... please..."

Yanfei showed up behind me and took Shinobu's place. Shinobu ran to Kunheka and kneeled down to check her. "Little girl... what were you saying? Tell me please..." Shinobu begged.

"Aaa.. please help me..." She whispered into Shinobu's ear. "Help you...? are you okay? What's the issue..."

"I don't want to fight... I- I want to see my chichi again!!" She shouted. "Chichi? Who's your father?" Shinobu engaged in conversation with her. Yanfei carefully helped me up as I studied Shinobu this time.

Something was odd about this...

"Chichi..."

"What is your father's name?!" Shinbou shouted, she really was annoyed with the girl saying 'chichi' over and over again.

"Scaramouche..." Kunheka whispered. I noticed her arm slowly reaching behind her, what is she gonna do? I'm watching you little girl.

She clenched her fist, the arm behind her moved behind Shinobu... what is this... Shinobu why don't you notice this?!

"NO! STOP! STOP IT PLEASE!!" Kunheka screamed.

"H-Hey... shhh. Don't worry we wont hurt you..." Shinobu carefully wrapped her arms around the little girl. "WAIT! NOO!!" She called, trying to pull Shinobu off.