Chapter 27 ~ Misunderstanding

~Heizou's POV:~

"My dear, Kaedahara Kazuha. The love of my life." I got to one knee. "Please, I am broke." I bowed before him.

"Oh."

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN 'OH?' ACKNOWLEDGE ME!!" I wailed.

"Oh... no, I thought you were proposing.." Kazuha shrugged. "Darn..." He looked down.

"U-Uh..." I was confused. HEY HE JUST- "HEY! P-PLEASE KAZUHA, MAKE THIS DINNER ON YOU AND NOT ME!" I got back on one knee.

Kazuha gently smiled. "Get up and eat you big baby."

"NOT UNTIL YOU REASSURE ME THAT YOU ARE PAYING, NOT ME!" I ordered.

"Alright, alright. But you need to do something for me." Kazuha told me. "it's only fair I get something in return."

"What do you need, I will do anything for you!" I bent my head down and pressure it against the ground.

"I need... hm..." Kazuha thought.

"Errrr... w-what are you thinking about..." I flushed.

"Thinking about what I could do that will benefit me..." Kazuha muttered, looking out into the distance.

"Got it! You need to promise me that you are going so solve the case and find Scaramouche for me. Then I'll pay for the dinner."

"..."

"I don't know if I can promise that Kazuha..." I whispered.

"Oh? Well I guess you're paying.." Kazuha shrugged, continuing to eat his food.

I noticed that I only had to promise, 'finding Scaramouche' and 'solving the case'. Never a, 'bring him back safely to Inazuma.'

That's something I can fulfill.

"Fine. I promise I will solve this ongoing case and find Scaramouche." I said. "I... I promise."

Kazuha smiled. "Sounds fake."

"E-EH?! WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT SOUNDS FAKE?! YOU'RE FAKE!"

"Now you're saying 'I'm fake?' You shouldn't talk for somebody who just made a life changing promise for me." Kazuha shrugged.

"Life changing? How is this life changing...?" I asked.

"You should know how important Scaramouche is to me... I thought the detective would try and figure out everything about their lover." Kazuha shrugged.

"Never got the chance to appreciate you and Scaramouche together..." I mention. "I'm sorry... I barely believed this relationship could ever work..."

"Look where we are now Heizou. There is no stopping now." Kazuha smiled.

"Are you happy with what I did...?" I asked, I knew Kazuha wouldn't be happy... why am I even-

"hm?"

"I'm not about to explain every little event that happened between Scaramouche and I..." I look away. Kazuha proceed to eat his food.

"Ok."

"..."

"I guess I'm kind of upset... I like to believe everything is okay... but I can't help but to blame you for all of Scaramouche's disappearances..." Kazuha told me. "I hope you understand where I'm coming from, it's not your fault it's just how... all these problems are caused by you..."

"..."

"I'm sorry..." I whispered. "I'm sorry for being how I am..."

Kazuha's eyes widened. "Don't even begin to apologize." He said, "I know none of it is your fault... it's just how I think." Kazuha mentioned, "I'm sure everybody else sees you in a different way."