Part 2: Prologue ~ Dark Skies

Hi guys, i decided to continue in within the same book bc im too lazy to make another one
AND MY WRITING STYLE CHANGED ALOT OVER THE PAST COUPLE MONTHS SOOOO i hope you like it c:

Italics = Thoughts + some statements
Normally aiming towards, NO POV chapters + less words (hopefully I don't overwrite like I usually do)

And this is going to be generally a short Part 2 overall!!!

Thank you for waiting and enjoy! <3

~ No POV: ~ December 13th ~ Wednesday ~

Kunheka groaned, exhausted from her very first workday at General Goods. She sank into the bench outside, patiently awaiting her father to exit from the Tenryou Commission and shivering from the frigid air.

The very first bit of snowfall had begun that night, and Kunheka was getting just the start of it now.

Her boss, Aoi, who was the owner of Tsukumomono Groceries in Inazuma had closed up the shop just minutes ago.

The late night skies felt nostalgic to her, as other shops nearby closed up for the night. Kunheka also felt like something was missing within herself. I mean I live quite a normal life, I just turned 18 today and I'm working on my own now. She thought. I still live with my parents, and I don't really plan on going anywhere anytime soon.

"Hey, Kunyo!" Chiyo smiled and carefully sat right beside her, proping his huge claymore sword away to avoid accidentally scratching her, "how are you feeling about that job? Is it going well? How is Aoi?"

"I'm genuinely impressed, you have WAY too many connections." said Kunheka. "You landed me a pretty good job."

Chiyo's puzzled face shifted into a self-confident smile. "Oh stop, I'm flattered." He silently restated the question to her by exchanging a look.

"It was alright, and Aoi is doing well. I had to go restock in Naku Weed today, I was SO out of it, I accidentally shocked inbetween my fingers..." She limped her hand over. "How about you? How is it like working at the Kanjou Commission all the way in Ritou...?"

"A long journey, but what can I say? It's all worth it when I arrive home everyday and immediately find you." Chiyo gently gripped Kunheka's injured hand, tracing his thumb against her cold skin.

Kunheka wrapped her warm jacket around herself, and trailed her gaze up into the sky, fixating on the small pieces of snow settling around them.

She created puffs of clouds everytime she breathed, and Chiyo had already created a flickering flame in the palm of his free hand to warm her up.

"You've had a long day, huh?" Chiyo narrowed his eyes and allowed Kunheka's head to rest against his shoulder, keeping the fire close enough. She felt most comfortable with the person she grew up with all her life, nobody could ever compare to him.

"Rest up, I'll wake you up when your dad comes out." He insisted.

All she could gather was a small mumble which Chiyo chuckled in response.

~~

Heizou stumbled out of the Tenryou Commission quickly, fumbling over his coat and sliding a bag onto his shoulders. "Oh, Chiyo! Thank you for keeping the birthday girl safe, I was so worried I would have to spend the next 20 minutes looking for her."

"B-Birthday...? Oh my god, you're right. I forgot about her birthday..." Chiyo snapped to remove the literal flame in his hands to cover his mouth in disbelief, "how could I forget..."