Chapter 7

Thank you for picking up this book. Don't forget to leave a vote and comment!!!

     " I apologise for changing the topic so suddenly." Dexter said, looking apologetic. " I had wanted to thank you for saving my life."

     To that, Maya let out a small smile. " You need not worry about that. I'm glad you told about this before we went ahead to tell my family about your survival. It would not have ended well." She said.

     " Indeed, it wouldn't have." Dexter seconded. " Thank you once again, Princess Maya." He said, bowing his head.

      It was the first time someone other than Nanny Naomi had addressed her by her title without it being laced with ridicule and disgust. Maya realised that she liked it. Liked it a lot.

     " Get your rest, Prince Dexter. I'll have the doctor check up on you. If you need anything, do not hesitate to call on us." She said. " I'll be taking my leave now." She added before walking out of the room, with Nanny Naomi following closely behind her.

     Once she arrived outside, the composed look she had on dropped to reveal a shock-filled face. " He's a prince!  Our stranger is the prince that was rumored dead!" She turned to her nanny, grabbing her hands. " What are we going to do!?"

     Naomi seemed puzzled. " Didn't you say we were going to keep him here and not tell anyone?" She asked.

    " Yes I did. But are we really going to do that? Really keep him with us?!"

    " I don't see why not.  I'd suggest you keep your promises, my princess." Naomi added calmly. Maya took a step back, her brows furrowed in thought.

    " You're right, I should keep my promises."Maya muttered to herself. Then she grinned. " Oh, Nanny I'm so excited! I knew he was too handsome to be a regular person. Who could've thought he'd be the second prince of Madonia? I guess today is my lucky day!" She began skipping ahead.

      Then paused, turning back. Her expression had turned serious once again. " Oh, don't forget to call the doctor for him Nanny. Also, see if you can get any information regarding him. If we are going to keep him safe here, we need to know if he's being looked for."

    " I will do just that, my princess." Naomi replied, bowing her head.

     Maya nodded and began skipping ahead again. Naomi watched her go, feeling happy for her princess.
.
.
.
    The doctor arrived moments later, checking up on Dexter. Looking over all his wounds and bruises, he had a satisfactory look on his face.

    " You're improving really well. You are a lot more better than we first met. If you keep it this up, you might be in complete shape in a few months." The doctor said. " Don't be in a hurry to move around. Although your external wounds are healing well, the internal ones need a little more time." The doctor warned.

      He left more medicines and instructions on how to use them before leaving. Nanny Naomi thanked him, walking him out of their mansion. When she came back to see him, she had with her a tray of meal.

    " You'll be taking this along with your medicine. Make sure you get enough rest as well. " She said, dropping it by the bedside table.

   " Thank you." Dexter replied politely, his voice gruff.

   Naomi lowered her head. " I'll be taking my leave now, Your highness. Do not hesitate to call on me if you need anything."

     " I'll keep that in mind." Dexter replied. She bowed once again before walking out of the room, closing the door behind her. Dexter stared ahead, his gaze unseeing. Instead, his mind was back to that day where he was attacked. His eyes darkening at the memory.

      He breathed out, clenching his fists. There was nothing he could do now. He had to get better first. Afterwards, he'll find out who ordered that attack and make him pay.

       That, he promised himself.
.
.
.
      Maya came to visit him once again in the evening. She worried he would be asleep by the time she arrived but was glad to see him awake. Dexter's face lit up on seeing her and he sat himself up."

    " Sorry for coming in unannounced. I hope I'm not intruding. I can always come another time."

     " You're not at all. Actually, I was beginning to get bored of staying here and doing nothing. It's kind of you to visit."

      Maya beamed. " That's good to know." Settling herself on a chair, she glanced at him. The evening light filtered into the room, causing his eyes to appear brighter than normal. Maya's heart began pounding. He was absolutely breathtaking. " How are you now? The doctor visited earlier, what did he say?"

    " Well, good news mostly. I'm improving quickly. But it'll take some time for me get back to the way I used to." Dexter replied.

     " I'm guessing that wouldn't be very long?" She asked and he smiled.

     " No. It won't."  He replied and she chuckled. She had a pretty laughter, he couldn't help but notice. They fell silent till Dexter decided to speak up.

     " Is it okay if I ask this?"

     Maya glanced at him. " Go ahead. "

     " I haven't seen anyone come to see me, other than you and that older lady."

     " Well,  that's because it's just the two of us here." Maya replied. Dexter looked surprised.

     " Just the two of you? How is that?"

     " It's not that confusing, really. I might be a princess but the Royal family doesn't consider me as part of their family yet. That would be when I turn sixteen."

      " I don't understand..."

    " I'm an illegitimate daughter. My father's the king of Gegoria and my mother was a commoner, a maid to be exact. I didn't know that until my mother fell terribly ill and had to seek my father out. She died shortly after announcing I was his child." Maya smiled, a bitter look crossing her face.

    " Let's just say the queen didn't take it well. She ordered that I stay in this villa with my nanny until I turn sixteen when I would be having my debutante. That's six months away." She looked at him then. " So, yes. It's just me and my Nanny in this huge house.  Sounds lonely, doesn't it?"

      Dexter found himself nodding. Maya chuckled, tucking her hair behind her ears.

      " It's actually not that lonely. I get to grow up normally, without the weight of the world resting on my shoulders. Plus, my nanny is the absolute best! And since it's just the two of us, there'll be no one giving the way the fact that you're staying here."

      If Dexter was worried about his safety, her last sentences made him relieved. Indeed, there was no way anyone would find out he was still alive if she didn't spill it. And it didn't look like she would. Suddenly, he wanted to ask more.

    " When I woke up that night, you were in my room." He said and she stiffened.

    " I... Wanted to check up on you. " She started to say, a blush staining her cheeks. " You were unconscious for so long and I was really worried you wouldn't make it. "

    Dexter could guess it was more than that but he decided not to push it. He smiled at her, revealing a dimple Maya didn't know he had. " Thanks for worrying about me." He said sincerely. Then his eyes turned wistful. " I can't wait to get better."

    Maya watched him, her jaw slackened with shock. If she thought he was handsome before, she was totally wrong. This prince had Greek God beauty. He wouldn't stop transforming before her. Snapping out of her daze, she jumped to her feet.

     " I-i have to go now. My nanny must be looking for me." She rushed out, her heart racing. " I'll see you tomorrow!" Without waiting for his reply, she hurried out of the room, almost slamming the door behind her.

     She squealed, palming her cheeks. More than anything, she was glad she was the one who saved his life. It truly pays to be kind.
.
.
.
    The next day, Maya was getting for he day when Nanny Naomi came with some news. " The crown prince of Madonia will be coming to Gegoria. He's coming to investigate his brother's death." She announced to Maya.

       Maya paused, staring at her Nanny.

        " What!?"

😐😑😂
Don't forget to vote and drop your comments!!!
See you guys in the next chapter!!
😘❤️