Chapter 8

" What do you mean, he'll be coming to Gegoria?" She dropped the brush she was holding,walking closer to Naomi, her eyes filled with worry and fear. " Why do you think he is coming Nanny? Do you think he'll come here?"

    " I have no idea, my Princess. But according to the rumors I heard he just wants to visit the last place his brother set foot, to pay his respects."  Naomi replied.

     Maya scoffed, rolling her eyes. " We both know it's just more than visiting, Nanny. " Naomi shuddered, her thoughts the same.

    " We need to tell Dexter. " Maya announced, walking back to the dressing mirror, sitting back down." Naomi took it as her cue and began helping Maya with her hair and unbuttoned pins. By the time she was through, Maya looked like the Royal she was expected to be.

     She took in a deep breath and when she glanced at herself in the mirror again, there was the usual princess look back on her face. Pursed lips, raised chin and a never smiling face. She stood up, walking ahead with Naomi following behind her.
.
.
.
     Moments later, there were in from of Dexter with the news. Although he showed no visible reaction, Maya could've sworn there was some banked up rage in his eyes. He covered his mouth with his hands, but the veins popping out showed her how hard it was to keep his self control.

      " They've probably guessed I'm not dead yet..." He muttered, his calm voice belying the anger his feeling. " Trying to find me, or my corpse...  Whichever one comes first." He gritted out.

      " We guessed that too. I'm just worried about him coming here. Though we live far away from my Kingdom's capital where the Royal family, we're also close to the borders."

      Dexter glanced at her, then looked away, his brows furrowed in thought. " I don't know but knowing Darian, he would want to be sure. So yes, he might come here." His eyes narrowed. " I can't be found out yet, not until I can confirm who's tried to do this."

      " In that case, we would have to hide you if he ever comes here." Maya said and he nodded. Maya glanced at her Nanny and she nodded her approval. She let out a sigh of relief. She turned back to Dexter who was lost in his thoughts.

      " I'm sorry, looks like I keep bothering you." Dexter said.

     " You don't have to say that. I'm glad to help in any way I can." Maya replied, a small smile on her face. " We'll leave you now, if you have anything to tell me, do no hesitate to call."

     " I will keep that in mind."

.
.
.
      The Royal family of Gegoria sat tensely, stealing glances at the visiting Royal. Even if he was just a crown prince, the aura he excuded showed he wasn't to be messed with. Not to mention, Gegoria was just like an ant to the much bigger, formidable Madonia. A war could break out now and they would be completely defenseless. Hopefully, they weren't that reckless.

     " What do you have to say about my brother dying just outside your borders?" Darian spoke up, his voice calm and authoritative, a glare pinned on the king.

     King Herald spoke." We sincerely apologize for your loss, but just like you said, it was outside our borders. We have no control over what happens outside the borders of Gegoria."

    " Need I remind you that you control them? I'm sure this isn't the first report of a carriage accident just outside your kingdom. If you had spent more time taking care of your duties instead of causing one scandal after another, maybe this wouldn't have happened." Darian retorted, glaring haughtily at them.The queen flinched, her hands squeezing into fists at her side.

     " Once again, we apologize." The Queen spoke.

     Darian scoffed, a muscle ticking in his jaw. " You're all just a bunch of incompetent fools." He muttered to himself, his displeasure rising by the second. "You will be paying for this." He said as he pinned with one last icy stare. He walked out of the throne room, his officials following after him.

     " Take twenty steps back." He ordered and they immediately complied, staying behind Darian as he walked alone, sorting out his thoughts. His reason for coming here was totally different than what he advertised it to be.

      He reached the hallways and a hooded figure popped out of the shadows to meet him, bowing in his presence. Darian slowed down but didn't stop walking as the stranger fell into steps with him.

     " Have you found anything yet?" He asked, his eyes searching the surrounding for anyone. It was empty.

     The man in the hooded clothes shook his head. " Not yet, your highness. No one claims to have seen a dead body in the woods, or by the riverbank. It's like he just disappeared."

      The scowl on Damien's face deepened as he glared at the hooded man, his eyes blazing. " It seems like you have forgotten what's at stake if you do not find what your are looking for to come back toe with this kind of report." He growled under his breath.

     How could he forget? The crown prince will have all of their heads for falling to kill prince Dexter and delivering his dead body to him. He bit his lips. If only that bastard hadn't jumped into that river. Now his life is in danger.

     " Why did I even come here?" Darian was muttering to himself. " If you haven't found him yet, it probably means he's still alive. Find him!" He ordered and began to walk away but the hooded figure stayed where he was.

    "There's something I wanted to tell you, Your highness." The hooded figure added rather hesitantly.

        Darian stopped but didn't turn. " What is it?"

      " Just beyond the borders... Where we lost him, is a villa."

     " And?" Darian sounded impatient.

   " A princess lives there with her nanny. It's rumored that they are the only dwelling in the huge mansion. Perhaps, they might have found him." He added.

    " A princess you say? Who?"

    " She's the illegitimate daughter of King Herald. Her name is Maya." He told him.

     Darian seemed to consider it. If she lived close to the borders and is a princess, he could make up an excuse and go up there. He was absolutely sure, the Royal family wouldn't refuse such a request. They could barely look him up in the eye.

    " Get out of my sight and you had better come with something positive this time. One more stupid report and I'll make sure your heads are seperated from your bodies." He ordered and watched as the stranger disappeared from sight.

        All alone again, the rage he was feeling boiled up to the surface again. He just needed to see Dexter dead. And if he wasn't, he knows a million ways to draw him out of whatever hole he was hiding right now.

        A devilish smirk grew on his face just thinking about it. Of course he knew....

What do you think of today's Chapter?
The characters??
Let me know!!
😊😊😊
It's really helpful...