Chapter 43

Playlist:
Please me Cardi B fest. Bruno Mars
Partition by Beyonce.

     Although it didn't look like it, that short outing Dexter had made to the venue where Fleurie was beheaded had exhausted him. Though he had stubbornly gone to attend to duties that required his attention, the moment be settled down in his chambers, he had fallen asleep almost instantly. The doctor said it might take a while before Dexter regained his full strength. Seems like he didn't want to wait that long.

       It was already late evening and Maya having nothing to do, watched Dexter as he slept, a small smile on her face. He looked absolutely adorable lying there, his dark curls falling over his face, covering his eyes. His long lashes fluttered as he slept, his face relaxed. After their heartfelt conversation three nights ago, she'd felt happier and as a result, she was much freer with him.

    He's so beautiful when he sleeps, Maya thought to herself as he brushed his curls away from his face, careful not to wake him up.  She couldn't stop watching him, how could one man possess the beauty of a thousand men? He'd always captivated her, in the past and now.

    "You have to stop doing that." A low voice murmured and Maya found it to be Dexter. He had woken already, looking at her with those breath taking grey eyes of his. Her heart skipped a beat and see felt her cheeks flush.

    "I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. You're so cute when you sleep." She replied, giving him a big smile. A corner of his lip turned up as he stared back at her.  He shook his head but his eyes were glowing.

   "Shouldn't you be in your chambers?" He asked as he sat up.

    "Why be there when I can be here, watching you sleep?" She asked, a glint in her eyes.

   "You've always liked watching me sleep. Years ago you did the same thing. I woke up and saw you standing above me." He mumbled but there wasn't a hint of displeasure in his voice. Maya chuckled as she remembered that time, her face red.

   "I couldn't help it then, I still can't help it now." She replied. Then sat up straight, her gaze serious. "How do you feel?"

   "Better. Although I'm hungry and I need a bath." He replied, running a hand through his hair. Maya immediately summoned the maids to run a bath and bring food to the chambers. Quietly, he stepped out of the bed, pulling off his clothes. Maya watched him, unable to tear her gaze from his body. If he noticed her staring, he didn't let on.

   The maids arrived with a huge tub and bucket of warm water. They set up the bath and placed their food on the table in the room before exiting the chambers. Taking off the rest of his clothes, he stepped into a huge tub, submerging himself into the warm water. Maya sat on the edge of the bed, looking at him as he bathed.

   "Care to join me?' he asked, a suggestive smile on his face. Maya eyes visibly brightened. "Want me to?" She asked. He nodded. "Don't mind If I do." She said as she jumped off the bed.

    She also took of her clothes and stepped into the tub. Moving closer to him, she let him wrap his arms around her,  the hot water soothing her body.

     Slowly, they bathed each other. Dexter help her to wash her hair, massaging them in the process and she reciprocated the offer once he was done. She couldn't stop grinning at the intimate spot they were in and occasionally she would tease him by letting the soapy water run down his face, making him close his eyes.

    "Come on, wash it off." He wouldgroan, squinting. Maya giggled before taking a bowl of clean water and rinsing the soap off.

   "There, all done." She announced once she was done washing his hair.