Chapter 13

( Two weeks later)

        Naomi walked up to the insistent knock at the villa's door. Wiping her dirty hands on the apron, a frown her on her face, she wondered who it was. It couldn't be her princess and his highness, Prince Dexter, they already told her they wouldn't be coming home until lunchtime. A small smile touched her lips on remembering her princess. The young lady had dragged the prince out for a walk when she caught him worrying yet again, stating it was good for him.

       She arrived at the door and pulled it open, startling whoever was behind it. Naomi froze seeing the clothes the stranger's body. A Royal messenger from the palace.

       The stranger bowed before stretching out a piece of parchment with a royal seal to her. " For the Princess." He announced, his voice gruff. Naomi stared at it for the longest time before taking from the man's hands, her brows furrowed. Whatever was in it, she was sure it won't be good.

      " Would that be all?" She asked, holding it firmly at her side. The messenger nodded. " Yes." He inclined his head once again, taking a step back. " Have a great day."

       Naomi watched him leave before closing the door behind her, letting the displeasure she felt seep to the surface. Just when things was going alright, something just had to ruin it. She gripped the parchment in her hands, almost crushing it. She could only hope whatever was written in it, wasn't that bad of a news.

         That thought settled in her mind, she resolved to give it to her princess once she arrived.
.
.
.
        Today had to be the best day of Maya's life and it hadn't even ended yet! She grinned as she skipped ahead, leaving Dexter to trail behind her, a content look on his face. After seeing Dexter worrying once again, she had drawn him out, insisting a walk was good for him. He'd kept the sour mood on until they arrived at the river where she spent the next minutes explaining how she found him before proceeding to splash him with water.

        Before long, they had been a full fledged water fight, with Dexter getting hit most of the time. She watched as his frown turned into a smile before growing into laughter, laughing along with him. Her body warmed and cheeks tingled when she remembered the one time he caught her, grabbing her from behind, his lean body blanketing hers, filling her with heat thanks to their wet clothes.

      She'd been too stunned to move, so she just stood there, letting Dexter wrap his around her, his head resting on her shoulder. She felt his breath on her neck and her cheeks and heated up even further. He muttered his thanks there, his voice so low she wouldn't have heard it if he wasn't so close. Shivers ran down her spine and she swallowed nervously. She replied him and watched as his hold tightened on her.

      It was then she decided that was the end of their water fight. Once he let her go, she raced out of the water, her entire face as red as a tomato. They spent the next few moments squeezing water out of their clothing before deciding to go home since it was getting cold.

      Now, they were soaked but positively in a good mood. She bit her lips, playing with hair and she walked ahead, her heart still racing. It still felt so unreal.

     " What are you thinking about?" Dexter asked and she jumped, her heart skipping a beat. When did he get so close?

     " Uh... Nothing." She mumbled, peeking a look at his face. Dexter raised a brow at her flushed cheeks but didn't say anything, his eyes flickering... The villa soon came to view and Maya walked even faster. She was breathless by the time she arrived the hostel, her emotions already in control. Knocking once, she didn't have to wait long before the door was pulled open, and Naomi appeared.

      " My princess...." Naomi paused seeing her wet clothes. Maya looked away, hiding her reddened face behind her hands. Her gaze went up to Dexter whose clothes was even wetter, the corner of his mouth quirked up. " Did you two fall into the river?" She asked instead.