The Class Trail

Sayakas pov

"Well well look who it is. The murderer!" Mondo growled as I stepped in.

"We don't know that" taka said firmly.

"Exactly" kyoko stepped in "we should let the facts speak for themselves"

The others grumbled but complained. I let out a sigh. They're all against me.

"Don't worry" Junko placed a hand on my shoulder "I've got your back"

"Thanks" I nodded greatfully as I headed into the elevator.

*Time skip*

We all took our places at the stand. It was set up in a circle. I was able to see everyones face. Every guilty look, every slip of the tongue.

"I don't know why we're bothering. We all know sayakas the one who did the deed" leon said firmly. I shot a glare at him. That creep!

"We can't say that before we see all the evidence they have to offer" Kyoto said firmly.

"Oh you want evidence? I got your evidence!" Leon pulled out a photo of my room "mokoto was killed in sayakas room. I'd call that suspicious wouldn't you!"

"He's got a point" Celeste smirked "well sayaka do you have an explanation for this?"

"Me and mokoto swapped rooms for the night" I explained "I was scared so he agreed to swap with me"

"A likely story" leon growled.

"It's the truth" I snapped.

He glared at me before standing up straight with a smirk "hina would you mind telling them what you told me?"

"Oh that" hina snuck a glance at me "last night I was sitting with sakura in the dining room"

"W-what excatly were you doing up at night" toko eyed her suspiciously.

She looked away guiltily "I know we made a promise not to go out at night but I was so freaked out after seeing those motive tapes"

"So she came to me and we had some tea to take her mind off things" sakura said calmly.

"I see" byakuya nodded "continue"

"Well last night sayaka showed up" she explained "she didn't stay for long so I didn't think much of it but then I noticed that one of the knives went missing"

"So you took a knife. I wonder what you could have used that for" he said smugly.

"Probably to stab her friend in the back!" Mondo growled. The others murmured in agreement. I hung my head with tears in my eyes. They're all against me. I'm sorry mokoto. I failed you-

"Mokoto wasn't killed with a knife" my head shot up at the sound of junkos voice "he was killed with the golden samerai sword. I don't know what sayaka was doing with a knife but clearly it's irrelevant"

"How is a freaking knife irrelevant!" Leon yelled.

"Do you have any proof that the samerai sword was the actual murder weapon" byakuya chimed in "this could have all just been a clever ruse planned by our dear sayaka"

The others began murmuring amongst themselves. Junko looked at me. She's created an opening for me. All I have to do is strike!

"The gold stuff comes off real easy on that samerai sword. Even touching it can leave you covered! If I was going to use a fake weapon why would I use something that would directly incriminate me!"

"Hmm I suppose that's an acceptable answer" byakuya smirked.

"Oh come on. You can't let her off that easily" Leon growled.

"It's not only that" kyoko spoke up "the room was scrubbed clean. An odd thing for the owner of the room to do"

"Plus mokoto left a dying message" junko chimed in "what kind of killer would replace a weapon but wouldn't scub away a dying message"

"Wait what's this about a dying message?" taka jumped in.

"Did you get a name!?" mondo leaned in desperately.

"No just random numbers" I sighed.

"I scanned through every possible code but I couldn't find anything that matched" chihiro sighed.

"Maybe it's not numbers" kyoko said thoughtfully.

"What are you saying! Of course they're numbers!" Hina said firmly.

"Look at it from another angle" she said thoughtfully "if you look at it from this side don't they look more like letter?"

"Yeah" I tilted my head to the side "actually it kinda looks like.." Leon gulped nervously. I smirked. Finally my ticket to taking him down. Thanks mokoto.

"Leon!"