reunion with an old friend

Sayakas pov

I blinked in disbelief. This can't be real. I haven't seen sayori in years. Not since that night.

"Sayori I can't believe-"

"What's the matter? Disappointed that it's not someone better?" She grumbled, her eyes glued to the fire she was lighting.

"What? No sayori I'm so happy to see you-"

"Save it!" She snapped "we stopped being friends the day you chose your career over me! I had nothing after you left me" tears brimmed in her eyes.

"You're right. I screwed up" I gripped my knees tightly. I'm not ready to have this conversation but I also can't leave her like this. Not again "I'm the worst friend in the world. To you, to my fellow idols, to mokoto. I've let so many people down. I don't know why anyone puts up with me" tears landed on my knees.

"I hope you don't think that little pity party's going to make me forgive you" she glared at me before turning away to play with a strand of her red hair "but if you're interested in making it up to me you're going to have to work a lot harder than that"

"Really? You mean we can be friends again!" I looked up hopefully.

"Well I don't know if I'd say friends but we could at least stop hating each other" she smirked.

I teared up and hugged her. She wiggled uncomfortable but didn't pull away. I smiled softly. It feels like something's finally going right.

I pulled away with a smile "I appreciate the help but I have others I need to rescue"

"Not without me you're not" she stood up suddenly "you'll be no use to those people dead"

"I guess that makes us a team" I said brightly.

"Yeah I guess so" she pulled her hood down with a slight blush.

We headed to the door and slipped out. Our rescue mission starts now!