Showdown With A Serial Killer

Sayakas pov

I tapped my foot nervously as I waited with the others by the elevator. How could this have happened? And to chihiro of all people! Well whoever they are they aren't going to get away with-

"My apologies for being late" I turned around to see mukuros stoic expression "my investigation took longer than expected"

"Mukuro" I teared up. This whole time I haven't been able to apologize to her and it's been driving me mad.

Her face didn't change "is something wrong-"

I cut her off with a hug "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to snap at you, I was just stressed and I"

"Sayaka"

"I shouldn't have taken it out on you. There was no excuse for-"

"SAYAKA!" I jumped at the sudden shouting. She placed her hand on my shoulder with a conferting smile "it's ok. I understand"

"You're way too nice to me" I leaned against her shoulder, feeling relieved that we were ok again.

Our tender moment was cut off by byakuyas cough "do you both mind? I believe we have more important things to discuss"

"We sure do" monokuma popped up with a devilish grin "now get in the elevator!"

*Time skip*

"Okay let's get started" byakuya unexpectedly led the argument. He seemed more like a spectator kind of guy so what's up! "Chihiro was killed and I know who did it"

"Hold on, you just skipped like everything!" Hina yelped "heck we haven't even gotten to the cause of death yet"

"That should be obvious to anyone with eyes" byakuya in groaned.

"Yeah she was killed by a crowbar" hiro said confidently.

"What!?" byakuyas eyes were wide in bewilderment.

"No that can't be it" mukuro muttered "I investigated with kyoko and the head wound doesn't match with a crowbar"

"Plus there's no crowbar at the scene. Fucking idiot" Mondo muttered.

"Hey don't be mean!"

"Well then what was the murder weapon?" Taka asked.

"The dumbell was covered in blood. That's most likely our murder weapon" I muttered logically.

"Which should have been obvious to anyone who opened their eyes" byakuya pinched the bridge of his nose "now would you like to hear what I've discovered"

"Of course" taka said eagerly.

"Excellent. Sayaka explain what we've discovered"

"Wha- why me!" I glared at him.

"Because I said so. Chop chop" he clapped his hands. I growled, I would so tell him off if we weren't in a life or death situation.

"Well it started like this...."

*Flashback*

I watched in awe as he opened a secret door in the library. I had so many questions. How long has this been here? How did he find it? Does anyone else know?

Byakuya cut my thoughts off with a cough "will you come look at this sayaka"

"Ok" I nodded as I headed inside. He handed me a file titled the genocide jack cases. I flipped through the pages, my eyes wide with horror. So many victims, so much butality.

"This makes things much more interesting" byakuya chuckled to himself.

"Did you say something?" I looked up at him.

"Nothing you need to concern yourself with" he took the book out of my hands "I'll be taking this back. I suggest you return to your investigation"

*End of flashback*

"So police files were here" taka looked to the side uncomfortably "that's.. interesting but I don't see what this has to do with the case"

"Well I perpose that genocide jack is among us" byakuya smirked.

"A serial killer is hiding among us?" Kyoko raised an eyebrow.

"Yes" byakuya nodded "in fact it's toko"

Everyone gasped as they turned to the nervous girl.

"Wha- how?" She stuttered.

"Yeah! How do you know all this!" Hina demanded.

"Oh I think your mistaken. Toko's not asking how do you know all this. What she's asking is how could you tell them" he pointed at her. The girl shrunk under his gaze. This is getting hard to watch.

"Hold on" hina jumped to her rescue "toko's bloodaphobic! She couldn't be genocide jack!"

"The idea of a serial killer being afraid of blood seems ridiculous at best" cleste shook her head.

"Is toko genocide jack? The answer is yes and no" byakuya said mysteriously.

The realisation hit me like a ton of bricks "she has a split personality"

"What!?" Everyone yelled.

"Excellent sayaka. I guess you're not as dull as I'd taken you for" byakuya smirked. Is this his idea of a complement!

"It would explain why she was actually so weird during the investigation" taka muttered. Everyone else nodded in agreement.

"Toko this is all one big misunderstanding... right?" Hina looked over desperately.

But the only response we got was a dull thud of the wooden floor...