Argument

Sayakas pov

"How could you not tell me he was dead!"

After maneuvering through the dark and fighting off monokumas we made it back to the survivors base. Once we did it exploded into an argument.

"I'm sorry komaru" I said calmly "I didn't mean to lie to you. I just wanted to get us out safely. I thought upsetting you would put us all in danger"

"Well aren't you generous" she glared angrily "what did mukuro mean when she said you felt responsible for his death? Tell me how he died!"

"Komaru I don't think that's a-"

"Just tell me!" She screamed.

I sighed. I guess there's no way out of this "the killing game was a hard time for all of us. One of monokumas motives drove me to the deep end. I planned to kill someone but unfortunately gave him the wrong room. We found him the next day stabbed to death"

"You killed my brother" she turned pale.

"No komaru it wasn't like that-"

"Don't you tell me what it was like!" She pointed an accusing finger at me "you killed him. He was the kindest person in the whole world and you killed him! I don't know how you live with yourself you horrid witch!" She took off crying.

"Anything else you're hiding from us" takamichi folded his arms.

"Yeah. Mondo's also dead" I said coldly.

*Thud*

I turned around to see he'd dropped his bat, a look of shock and grief on his face. I immediately regretted my word choice.

"Takamichi I'm sor-" he took off running "takamichi wait!"

"How could you say it like that" yuta pushed me angrily "the heck's wrong with you! You can't just treat people like they don't matter!" He ran after his friends.

"I should p-probably check on komaru" toko muttered before walking off, leaving me and sayori alone.

"Hey" sayori gave me a kind smile "are you ok-" I cut her off with a hug, crying on her shoulder "stupid question I guess" she laughed weakly "hey don't worry. They're just grieving at the moment. Give them time and they'll come around"

"I hope you're right" I wiped my tears away.

Our tender moment was cut off by toko bursting through the doors "i-its komaru" she said shakily "s-she's been kidnapped!"