Book 1, Part 008 : The Crimson Tyrant

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

When the three of you had arrived back at the dorm, Grim had passed out on the sofa in the living room. That left you and Helia to tidy upstairs. Helia had suggested a light cleaning and repairs to only the two beds in the rooms opposite each other, as it was already so late and you both would start your first day at this college tomorrow.

The two of you and cleaned for around two hours, before you both passed out on the floor of Helia's room.

♡ ♧ ◇ ♤

In the middle of a grand maze, with twisting pathways and hedges nearly sky high, three card soldiers were frantically - and quite sloppily - painting roses as white as freshly fallen snow, a bloody red. In one hand, they each held a bucket of paint and in the other, broad paintbrushes.

"Hurry, hurry! And paint the roses red!" One of the card soldiers feverishly exclaimed, painting white roses on the bushes with the red paint,"Slather them quickly as fore said!"

"Faster, faster! There are much more roses to paint!" The Ace of Clubs followed, painting just as quickly.

Odd. Why would anyone paint roses red? You thought, watching on with morbid curiosity.

You quickly caught sight of a new figure; a young girl - no older than twelve - dressed in a blue tea-length dress with a white apron above, white stockings and black pumps, her hair blonde with a black headband.

"Pardon me, but why must you paint the roses red?" She questioned the three card soldiers, seemingly just as curious yet confused as you were.

"Why you ask?"

She nodded.

"Well, you see Miss, the truth is," the Two of Clovers continued,"We planted these white roses by mistake,"

The other two Card Soldiers nodded along.

"And the Queen, she loves her roses red. If she sees that they are white," the Ace of Clubs gulped,"We'll all lose our heads,,"

The girl gasped, a hand hovering over her mouth,"Goodness!"

"Hence, the reason why we're painting the roses red," The Card Soldiers said, returning to the task at hand.