Book 1, Part 012 : The Crimson Tyrant

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

"Guess our library trip will have to be postponed," You sighed as you walked to the botanical gardens.

"We'll visit soon enough," Helia comforted, grasping your hand.

"Speaking of which, have you checked the charts?" He questioned as you rounded the corner.

You nodded,"Yep. In a broom closet."

"And-"

"Nothing has changed. Everything is still as is. Which," You breathed,"Would be assuring if the situation back home was not close to spiraling into chaos,"

"Valtor won't destroy anything,"

You gave him a look.

"What's the point in wanting to rule over the Magic Dimension if by the time everything returns to normal, there's just barren wastelands and dead planets?"

"There you all are!"

You looked up, Ace and Deuce meeting you halfway.

"I was beginning to think you'd ditch," Ace huffed.

"Woah! Would ya look at that?" Grim looked around in amazement,"There are a ton of chestnuts just laying around! I'll be living large off of chestnut tarts for da~ys!~"

He extended a paw to a chestnut near his foot. "Let's getta gatherin'-! Yowch!!"

He shrieked, retreating his paw and cradling it to his chest.

"Myah! Those spikes on the chestnuts pricked my paws!" He shrieked.

Helia crouched down,"Let me see,"

Grim complied, extending his paw to him.

"I don't think we could do this with our bare hands then," Deuce noted.

"I agree," Helia hummed, turning Grim's paw to the side,"We'll need a few good baskets and something, like a scooper or spade, to pick them up,"

"Luckily, they didn't get lodged or prick hard enough to draw blood," he smiled, standing back up,"You're all good,"

"Maybe," Ace looked to the side, at a large greenhouse,"We could find something in the botanical gardens?"

"Let's go then," You spoke.

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

"Whoa," Ace whistled, impressed,"I didn't realize this place was this huge,"

"It looks smaller from the outside," You agreed, looking around in amazement.

You were completely entranced by the beauty of the green house. A few of the flowers and plants looked eerily similar to a few from your dimension, and others were new to you, some in soft tones, others in neutral, muted and even bright and exotic colors. They were still beautiful nonetheless.