Book 3, Part 040 : The Merchant From The Depths

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

"It's good to be home," you whispered, smiling at the building.

The kitchen light was lit, and you couldn't help smiling as you saw the silhouette of Grim dart past, Helia following with a spoon in hand as he yelled, the ghosts behind him.

"Well," you sighed softly,"It's as close to one we'll get in this world,"

"Ah, you've returned," a voice spoke up from behind you.

You turned to see the horned male from before.

"Who would've expected you to win a bet with Ashengrotto?" He smirked a bit,"For as doe-eyed as you look, you're quite the schemer,"

You felt yourself blush a bit, averting your gaze to the side. "Well, I should thank you."

You looked back at him, smiling,"What you said about gargoyles was just the note I needed to emerge victorious,"

His eyes widened a bit. "Really? I wasn't trying to offer some cryptic clue or the like."

He smirked again. "Heh. In any case, I'm glad to know this garden will remain nice and quiet. Ashengrotto's calm features contorting in frustration must have been quite the sight. Would that I could have been a fly on the wall.."

His ear twitched a bit, his gaze going over your shoulder for a split second.

"Mm.. it seems I had best be returning to my dorm now." He smiled at you,"I bid you goodnight,"

"Good-"

You blinked as he suddenly disappeared in a cloud of luminous green sparkles.

"Night... He always disappears as quickly as he comes," you muttered.

Your ear twitched as fervent footsteps, like running, drew closer. You looked back, a bit confused to see Silver and Sebek, the two looking around as they ran.

"Well, is he here?" Silver questioned him.

"No. I don't believe he's present anywhere in the vicinity," Sebek responded.

"Perhaps he's near the western schoolhouse?" The former suggested.

"Oh, how could you go on an excursion unescorted?!" The latter exclaimed.

He glared at Silver. "This is your fault for taking your eyes off of him, Silver!"

"He's not a baby. Personally, I think you're worried to an inordinate degree,"

"It won't be so inordinate if something happens to him. You must never relax! Even for a second! Or do you not understand the gravity of your duty as guardsman?!" Sebek clicked his tongue,"Your lucky that he and Master Lilia took you in and raised you despite your humanity! Don't you dare forget it!"