Book 3, Part 035 : The Merchant From The Depths

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

Time Until Azul's Contract Expires :
Two Days

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

After your third classes, you all met up with Jack in the Exterior Hallway near the courtyard.

"Finding a way to tear up the unbreakable contract?" Ace grinned,"Sweet! It's def underhanded, but hey."

Deuce nodded in agreement. "That approach does seem like it would have a far better prospect of working. I have to agree with Ace here, though,"

Grim glared at the two. "Aw shuddup! If we stick to our morals, we'll be stuck with morays!"

"That, and Azul's group cast the first stone. They told us to get a photo under the sea, fully intending to thwart us at every turn." Jack sighed,"Leona may play dirty, but he's a brilliant playmaker. I think his idea's worth a shot."

"Can we maybe not say the same thing over and over?" Deuce deadpanned.

"Just rememberin' those twins chasin' us around in the water gives me shivers.." Grim shivered, clutching Helia's pant leg.

"If only blastcycles worked underwater. Then they would've been eating my dust!" Deuce mumbled to himself, fists clenched.

Blast.. cycle? You thought, confused and somewhat, intrigued.

Ace rolled his eyes. "Uh-huh. Suurrre, Loosey-Deucey,"

"So, mermen huh.." he brought a hand to his chin,"The Leech twins are morays; I get that part. Is Azul like them when he's under the sea?"

"Possibly," you spoke,"Apparently, not all merfolk are 'traditional looking'. Some are whales, some are seahorses, some are sharks, etc, etc,"

"I remember Leona referring to him as a 'cephalo-punk', for what that's worth," Jack revealed.

Your eyes widened along with the first years, Grim letting out a sound of surprise as Helia's jaw went slack.

"As in, cephalopod? So, he is like, an octo-merman?" Deuce questioned, surprised.

"Myah! If he's got a bunch of legs in the water, he'd be even more dangerous!" Grim yelled.

"No kiddin'," Jack agreed.

"Which is why we're trying to brainstorm an approach that doesn't involve fighting them on their own turf," he reminded.

"First things first, we need to locate the contract scrolls," Helia spoke.

"That Vault in the VIP room did stand out like a sore thumb,," Jack whispered.

You nodded. "I was thinking the same thing,"