Book 5, Part 056 : A Beautiful Tyrant

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

Three Days Later...

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

You looked around at all the students gathered in the gymnasium, some alone and others in small groups. Sneakers squeaked against the floors and voices —some harmonious and others not so— rang in your ears.

Ace stalked up to you, taking a stance beside you with his hands on his hips, staring at the students.

"I've been seeing a lotta dudes rehearsing in the audition number in the gym over lunch break." He commented.

You looked back at your notebook and began writing again. "They must really want a spot on the team."

"It would grant them the opportunity to get scouted." Helia added, seated beside you.

"Those chumps better not be after the prize. Nobody takes my tuna!" Grim tsked.

"I suspect more of them are after the potential pro debut than the prize money." Jamil stated as he approached the bleachers, Kalim and Deuce following.

"Now that you mention it," Deuce turned around to look at the other students,"They do all seem like they're in their element."

Jamil pat him on the shoulder. "Don't let them intimidate you. You've also made great strides with your singing ability. It's a far cry from when you started out, sounding like a panicked elephant."

Kalim nodded as he hummed in agreement. "You've also gotten better at holding a note. Vocal training isn't easy, and you put in the work."

He smiled at Grim and Ace. "You all deserve a pat on the back. Now, let's get back to it. Today, we'll focus on doing the whole song from start to finish!"

"Yes, sir!"

"Good luck, boys." You waved with a smile.

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

"Yes! I pulled off the whole dance without missing a step! And, I didn't blank out on any of the song lyrics, either." Deuce proudly cheered.

"Myah ha! Same! I didn't step on my own tail once." Grim exclaimed.

"You were amazing!" You praised them as you ruffled their hair.

Deuce flushed a bit at the gesture but continued to grin up at you.

"I have to hand it to you, Jamil." Ace smiled at him,"It's no small feat to teach guys with such awful memories how to boogie. And in such a short time frame!"

"I'm impressed, honestly." Helia commented with a smile.

"What he said! Jamil makes everything super easy to understand. It's helped me a ton over the years." Kalim said with a grin.