Book 4, Part 045 : The Schemer Of The Scalding Sands

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

Grim hummed in content, mouth stuffed full of food. "I know we gotta stage a prison break as soon as possible, but man... as much as I hate to admit it, this food is to die for. Or, well, to be Grim-napped for."

Kalim tilted his head a bit, a confused smile on his face. "I'm not sure what you mean by that, but I'm glad you like the food. Have some more!"

"Try this blue cheese made from cow's milk for starters." He grabbed a cracker and smeared it across it,"It's great on a cracker. Here!"

Grim scooted back a bit. "Uh, nah, I'm good on crackers.."

Kalim only inched forward. "Please, no need to stand on ceremony."

He let out a jubilant laugh as he shoved the cracker in the monster's mouth.

"Mrrrph?! Mrrpph!"

You winced as Jamil smeared more ointment on your cut.

"I'm amazed. It's nearly healed, and by the looks of things, the scar will be nothing more than a thin line." He mumbled.

He grabbed new gauze and then turned to Kalim.

He sighed. "Kalim, don't stuff Grim's mouth full of food. You'll make him choke."

He began bandaging your hand.

"Oh, sorry!" Kalim grinned,"Please, take your time! There's plenty more where this came from."

Grim swallowed the cracker with much difficulty, a loud and heavy sigh following. "I think you're missin' the point, pal.."

"We've still got ice-cream left over from yesterday. I always like to set out lots of different flavors, and then take a big spoon and scoop however much sounds good of each one." Kalim explained, face lit up with excitement.

"Y-yeah? You've got a whole system for that?" Grim questioned.

He nodded. "Sure do! No matter how full you are, there's always room for dessert, right?"

"Hold on," he began to stand up,"I'll go and fetch you some."

Jamil turned to him and started standing up aswell. "Kalim, wait! I'll get it. You stay seated."

"I don't mind, really! All you have to do is get it out of the freezer, right?"

"You don't work as a servant, Kalim. At least try to remember that you're the heir to the Asim family." Jamil reminded him.

"If word got out that I allowed you to do this, my parents would never let me hear the end of it." He added.

"You're too serious about servitude, Jamil. We're just classmates here at Night Raven College. Can't we act like it?"