Book 3, Part 031: The Merchant From The Depths

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

"Don't do anything reckless, okay?" Helia whispered, wrapping a scarf around your neck.

"Think rationally. If Azul wants to strike a deal, with you and not me, he obviously wants something from you." He added.

"I know." You huffed, swatting at his hands.

He breathed out laugh.

"I'm not a toddler," you said.

"No," he pat your head softly,"But you are, for the lack of better words, my sister,"

You flushed in embarrassment, averting your gaze to the ground. Helia rarely referred to you as his sister, and you rarely referred to him as your brother, but you were both family. Though you rarely verbally stated it, you recognized each other as nothing less than that.

You turned to run up the stairs. "I'm gonna get my gloves."

As soon as you reached the top, a knock resounded through the dorm.

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

Helia opened the door, moving aside. "Jack, come on in."

"Evening," the wolf mumbled, stepping in.

"Lana will be down in a minute."

Jack nodded. "O-oh, alright,"

"Can I get you anything? Water? Tea? Juice?" Helia offered.

Jack shook his head. "No thanks. I'm alright."

Helia smiled for a moment before it dropped, his brows furrowing with worry as he looked at him and the staircase.

"...Jack, I feel I must inform you of something," he spoke, voice hushed.

Jack furrowed his brows.

"Regarding Lana,"

Helia sighed, rubbing his neck. "She.. doesn't do well with the ocean. It's a fear of hers. She hasn't directly told me where it stemmed from, but she wasn't always so afraid. I mean, there are two reasons I can think of, but I can't relay as I could be wrong. Hence, she's not a fan of Octavinelle."

"I know you won't let anything happen to her - and I know I'm being a bit selfish when I ask this - but, could you please keep an even closer eye on her? Don't leave her alone, and don't be alarmed if she tugs at your blazer a bit or stays close to you. She'd feel guilty if you reacted to it and take it the wrong way." He added.