Book 5, Part 053 : A Beautiful Tyrant

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

You blinked tiredly, staring at the projection of the Magix Dimension, the fae astronomy book Jamil gave you floating in the air with transparent blue around it. With a flick of your finger, you turned the page, your other hand messily scribbling down notes in your notebook.

"It seems that this world is not connected to anything else. It's dimension.. it's not part of a solar system either. Or is it?" You mumbled.

You flicked the page back.

"I.." You furrowed your brows,"It seems the fae have different views about astronomy than their human counterparts. Which means that some stars and moons are the same but are named differently. That's a first for me.."

You averted your attention back to the protection and frowned; everything was exactly the same as the day you and Helia woke up in Twisted Wonderland. Worse, you still couldn't locate anybody. It was as if everyone had gone into hiding or had been wiped off the face of the dimension completely.

You wouldn't be able to hide your uneasiness or fear much longer, especially since you still couldn't for the life of you figure out why nothing had changed. Something you were always able to do. Whenever something in the cosmos, good or bad, happened, you were always sought out and able to deliver a professional and rational explanation, hypothesis, theory, or reason for it.

And now, for the first time since you were a young fairy, you couldn't present anything. Not to yourself or to Helia.

Whenever you thought about him, you'd immediately think about Flora. Helia mentioned her whenever the opportunity to arose, and the guilt and self-anger would fizzle in the pit of your stomach and bubble it's way up your sternum to your throat, the feeling akin to being choked.

With a frustrated click of your tongue, you shut your notebook, and the book dropped to the table.

You screwed your eyes shut, inhaling a long breath and counting to seven. When you reached seven, you opened your eyes with a shakey exhale, shoulders drooping as you hunched over the desk, burying your face in your shoulders with one hand tangled in your hair.

I have to figure this out fast. If not a way back, at least the timezones. We've been here for a few months now, but who's to say time works the same back home? You thought.

For all you knew, a few seconds or minutes could've simply passed in the Magix Dimension as a whole. Regardless, you and Helia couldn't stay here much longer. With each day that passed, the lingering recollection of Valtor and The Trix and their diabolical schemes and plots would pass through.

You let out another sigh and shut your eyes, hoping to ease the stinging pain and to stop the tears of frustration from building more.

I will find a way. I promise, Helia, you vowed, exhaustion settling in your body.