Book 5, Part 067 : A Beautiful Tyrant

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

"Ooh! Ooh! Helia! Lana! Look at all these food stalls!" Grim exclaimed, eyes shining with excitement as he ran a few feet ahead of you.

"They certainly do have a lot of neat things..." You muttered.

"How about we go see the Purple Stage instead?" Helia suggested.

"Booo!" Grim huffed and crossed his arms over his chest,"Why'dya gotta start carin' about being a manager now, of all times?"

His attention was diverted to the stalls once more.

"They got funnel cakes! Hot dogs! Corn dogs! You name it, they fry it and serve it!"

"I suppose that could all wait." You said as you picked him up.

"We promise to buy you some afterward, okay?" Helia promised.

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

All around the coliseum, inside and out, students were bustling about, moving pillars, strobe lights, and metal beams, either by hand or with the aid of their magic.

Grim looked around, amazed. "Whoa! It's the same ol' coliseum, but with a big stage set up."

As you got closer to the stage, you recognized a few familiar faces.

"Keep going, keep going... stop!" Ruggie nodded,"Okay, Jack, put the pole down right there."

"Got it." Jack responded.

With the aid of his magic, he placed the pole down with a huff. "Precision control with levitation magic sure isn't easy."

"Hey, I told you to put colored labels on the affiliate seats! Get it done." Leona ordered with a scowl.

"Yessir! Sorry, sir!" A few students yipped before jogging off.

"Ain't that the Savanaclaw trio over there?" Grim grinned as he waved his paws, garnering their attention,"Heyyy!"

Ruggie smiled teasingly. "Well, if it isn't the Ramshackle cubs. Here to chip in with setup?"

"Hey, guys." You greeted, waving at the trio.

"I thought you three were managers for Ace and Deuce's group." Jack said.

"They're doing their last big VDC push now, so they kicked us out before we could get underfoot." Grim looked at the stage,"So, did you guys put this whole stage together?"

"Yeah. The arts clubs had to do all the maintenance and management work during the Magical Shift Tournament. So, now we're trading off. The sports clubs get all the grunt work this time around." Leona explained.

"The Track Club and Magical Shift Club are in charge of constructing the Purple Stage." Jack added.

"I didn't know it was student built..." You muttered.