Book 5, Part 060 : A Beautiful Tyrant

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

You stared at Vil, nibbling in your thumb nail as the gentle sound of a pencil sliding across paper resonated in your eardrums from beside you; Helia was sketching.

"Beautiful, isn't he?"

You blinked, breaking out of your thoughts and turned to see Helia with a teasing smile his gaze locked to his sketchbook as he continued to sketch.

"Vil?"

He hummed.

"Well, isn't it obvious? But that wasn't why I was staring."

The pencil moved further up the page. "Oh?"

"I was lost in a reverie. Before we came here, I had another vision." You confessed, voice hushed.

He halted his actions, silence settling between you.

"...not of us, right?"

You slowly shook your head.

"It.." You gulped,"I'm certain that Vil has already gone down the path that will lead to his overblot. And as we know, there's not much we can do about it."

"We should inform the Headmage. It's better to be prepared than taken by surprise." He suggested.

"What good would that do? He's just as clueless about everything."

"Lana," he slowly placed his pencil down and turned to you,"We can't risk anything or anyone. You just started recovering from your side effects. What if it relapses and you get worse? Not to mention, Vil is more powerful than Jamil. No doubt fighting him off will he a challenge in and of itself."

You looked down at your hands; the black, luminous tint had faded and stopped just beneath your fingernails. Your hands were almost back to normal, but the splotches...

"All we can do," you looked at him,"Is try and keep him neutral. I can't tell if it'll happen before or after the VDC."

"I didn't expect you to know exactly when." He gently held your hand in his, eyes soft yet firm,"But promise me, if you see or hear anything, if you feel anything, any changes, no matter how minor they seem, you'll relay them to me."

"I prom-"

"Not just about Vil's overblot. Dreams, information about this universe, your notes, your observations of the Magix Dimension, your feelings-everything, Lana."

You bit your tongue, and Helia's gaze grew a bit concerned at your sudden hesitancy.

"Lana?" He whispered, concerned.

You smiled and nodded, squeezing his hand. "I... I promise."

His face relaxed, and he smiled back before he picked up his pencil and resumed sketching.