Book 3, Part 032 : The Merchant From The Depths

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

You were barely in the door before arms were wrapped around you.

You pat Helia on the back. "I'm fine,,"

"I think you're squishing Grim though," you added.

He took a step back, and Grim inhaled deeply, slumping further into your blazer.

"Oh," Helia smiled apologetically, petting his head,"Sorry. I didn't see you, Grim."

"Oho. So this is Ramshackle Dorm."

Helia looked over your shoulder, a bit surprised to see the twins walk past you both and into the dorm, observing the interior.

Jade smiled, pinching his chin. "This is my first time inside, and I'm already smitten by its charm."

"It's close to school as well. It would be a perfect site for a Mostro Lounge branch café." He noted.

Floyd crossed his hands behind his neck. "There's ghosts livin' here, right? That sounds rad."

"Um," Helia cleared his throat,"I don't mean to sound rude, but, what're you doing here?"

Grim crawled out of your blazer a bit, glaring at the twins. "Yeah. Why're you followin' us inside anyways?"

"Uh, 'cause this place is collateral between Lana and Azul? Duh!" Floyd chirped.

"Myah?!"

"I beg your pardon?!" Helia turned to you, eyes wide,"Lana, what is he talking about?"

You averted your gaze. "I.."

Jade took a step forward, smiling. "Allow me to explain, Helia. You see, Azul didn't originally want this dorm. He wanted Lana's ability to see the past and the future."

Helia gaped, looking at you.

"But," Jade placed a hand on your shoulder,"We were misinformed. We discovered her magic is embedded into her soul and is part of her consciousness-"

Helia hummed. "She'd die if you took it or if she gave it up."

"And since you have no magical abilities and we can't take hers, we're confiscating the dorm instead."

"Say what?!" Grim shrieked.

You hissed, raising your hands to cover your ears. You looked at Helia, his expression still shocked as he stared between you and the twins.