Book 3, Part 033 : The Merchant From The Depths

𓆉︎ 𓆉︎ 𓆉︎ 𓆉︎

𓆉︎ 𓆉︎ 𓆉︎ 𓆉︎

You yawned, stretching. "When did I fall asleep.."

It's so dark, you thought as you blinked a couple of times, adjusting to the darkness.

"Leona's room wasn't this dark," You mumbled to yourself.

"Come in, come in, my child," a rough, female voice sang.

Light slowly flooded the area and you immediately recognized the red haired mermaid. The hybrid leading her into the cave didn't have a fish tail like the mermaid. Instead, she had the tentacles of an octopus.

"You're here because you have a thing for this human. Now," the octopus turned around, smiling wickedly,"Here's the deal."

She lifted her hand to her chest. "I will make you a potion that will turn you into a human for three days. Got that? Three days. Before the sun sets on the third day, you've got to get dear ol' princey to fall in love with you."

Two familiar eels joined her side, teeth glinting dangerously.

"Oh- and there is one more thing. We haven't discussed the subject of.." she pulled out a contract, one resembling Azul's,"Payment,"

"What I want from you is.." she grinned maliciously,"Your voice!"

She waved her hand, fishbone pen appearing in the mermaid's hand.

"Now, go ahead and sign the scroll!"

You opened your mouth, about to warn the mermaid, but nothing escaped. Only bubbles.

Your eyes widened in horror, your hands coming up to cover your mouth as you looked around for an exit from the underwater cave.

You heard scribbling and turned to see the mermaid had signed the contract but she was faced away with her eyes closed.

The octopus smiled, making the scroll disappear.

"I'll help this poor, unfortunate soul~" she purred.

You looked up at a hole in the cave and moved to swim out through it. But you didn't get far and soon, black dots obscured your vision as the rest of the bubbles of oxygen escaped your mouth.