Book 5, Part 070 : A Beautiful Tyrant

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

Your ears perked up and you peered out from the wall you were hidden behind to see Vil make his way out of the NRC assigned dressing room, his expression unreadable and a bottle of Epel's family's apple juice in hand. You narrowed your eyes and felt Helia tap your shoulder whilst Grim simultaneously tugged at the hem of your skirt.

"Are you going to tell me why you dragged me away from the first years all of a sudden and why we're stalking Vil?" He whispered.

Grim nodded. "Yeah. What's the deal? We're done with rehearsal. We're allowed to go eat. So, why're we following Vil?"

"Ever since Royal Sword Academy's performance, I've noticed an abrupt change in Vil's demeanor. I have a feeling Rook, Kalim, and Jamil have as well." You shook your head and looked over your shoulder at Helia, who was staring at you expectanly.

"I had another... vision. When Vil walked past us, I could practically feel the energy of unstable magic, and the scent followed." You whispered, your nose scrunched up as you smacked your lips softly; you don't think you'd ever get used to the taste or scent of unstable magic.

Helia's eyes widened. "I... I smelt it and felt it, too. Probably not as strong as you, but... there was definitely a shift in the air around him."

Your brows furrowed; Helia shouldn't have been able to smell unstable magic as he was a human. But he was able to sense when unstable magic was present. How—

"Oh hey, Vil's stopped in front of someone's dressing room." Grim spoke up, breaking your train of thought.

You and Helia both peered around the wall and saw Vil standing in front of a door a few doors down from the NRC dressing room, with the juice grasping between his hands behind his back.

"Who's he visiting?" Grim whispered.

"Coming!" A voice exclaimed from the other side—a voice you had recently become familiar with.

The door to the dressing room opened, and you felt your concern and suspicions rise further at the occupant. Neige smiled, his eyes lighting up at the sight of Vil.

"Oh, hi Vi! What's up?" He asked Vil.

"We didn't get much of a chance to talk before rehearsal." Vil's lips twitched a bit,"I was hoping we might chat a bit more."

"Oh, of course!" Neige hummed,"I was thinking the same thing."

Vil averted his attention over his head and shoulders into the dressing room. "Where's are your little friends?"

"Oh, Dominic and the others went out to check out the exhibition booths." He sighed and shook his head, pouting a bit,"Those guys just can't sit still for a second."

Vil's eyes drifted back to his, and a smirk slowly spread across his lips. "Ah, so you're alone."

"Your rehearsal performance was splendid. You have a way of captivating everyone around you. You always have." He complimented afterward.