Book 5, Part 054 : A Beautiful Tyrant

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

A Few Days Later

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

"Myah! I'm starvin'! It feels like we gotta wait years for lunchtime to roll around on days with morning P.E." Grim whined from where he was nestled in Helia's arms.

"What's P.E. got to do with anything?" Ace rolled his eyes,"You're always hungry."

"You're not wrong." You agreed.

Ace stopped walking. "...Hm?"

His attention had diverted to a crowd of students standing near wall, and all of you followed his action.

"Huh. There's a crowd gathered near that wall." Deuce muttered.

"Maybe something's happened?" You inquired.

"Let's see." Helia suggested, the first to approach the crowd.

On the wall, a poster was pasted with bold letters and a purple, blue and red color scheme.

Deuce furrowed his brows. "Voice & Dance Championship... now accepting auditions?"

"Isn't that one of the events for the upcoming fair?" Helia pondered.

He nodded. "I see it on TV every year. Never knew the competitors on there had to audition, though."

"Dancers! Singers! Come one, come all! This is your shot at the big time! Outshine the rest and be a star! If the team representing your school makes it to the final round..." his eyes narrowed in concentration,"Each member will receive a share of the 50 000 madol prize."

You and Helia gasped, Ace, Grim and Deuce's eyes bulging in shock.

"50 000 madol?!!" They exclaimed.

You hissed and covered your eyes, lightly glaring at Ace as he was right beside you.

"That's right! Isn't it just a fabulous prize?!"

You all whipped around to see Headmage Crowley standing behind you, hands on his hips and a wide grin on his lips.

The trio shrieked. "Gah! You scared me!"

"Good afternoon, Headmage." You and Helia greeted him.

"I know it's a running gag at this point, but could you please stop popping up out of nowhere, Headmage?!" Ace huffed.

Headmage Crowley smiled aloofly. "Oh, I beg your pardon. I never meant to frighten you."

"There's a reason this Voice & Dance Championship has such a tantalizing pot up for grabs." He began,"There's a number of businesses sponsoring it, you see. VDC is nothing like the Pop Music Club contests you're used to. The finalists get swamped with offers from all manners of entertainment agencies and labels. It's entirely possible to rocket from obscurity to the ranks of the top artists of the land."