Book 3, Part 029 : The Merchant From The Depths

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌☆🌌

You all ended up in the Hall Of Mirrors, but Grim and ADeuce were nowhere in sight.

"Oh, it's the Hall Of Mirrors.. the place that leads to every dorm," Jack said, turning to see all the students gathered here.

"There appears to be students from every dorm present," Helia pointed out.

"I was sure I'd make the top fifty!" A Heartslabyul student cried out.

"Blast it all, I've been had! That fuckin' cheating cephalo-punk!" An angry Savanaclaw student seethed, ears twitching in anger.

"My school life is doomed now! Doooommed!" A Scarabia student wailed.

"Huh? It's not just the three stooges.. there are other students here with sea anemones comin' outta their heads," Jack noted.

"I'm seeing some sophomores and juniors in here too, and they're all going through the mirror leading to Octavinelle Dorm," he added.

"Who is this alleged 'cheating cephalo-punk' anyway?" Helia questioned.

"Let's head over and see what's up," Jack spoke as you all approached the mirror.

The Octavinelle Mirror was rectangular in shape and had the Octavinelle crest at the top. Around the mirror were octopus tentacles and two eels coiled around the crest above the mirror. Two soft purple lights shaped like conch shells hung on each wall on the nook. A soft purple rug led to the entrance of the mirror and bright colored coral in an array of colors lined the outer edge of the stairs.

You all stepped through the mirror, closing your eyes at the bright light that followed. The light faded and an immediate sense of dread overcame you, your blood running cold.

"This dorm's.. in the o-ocean.." You forced out, your chest tightening.

"For real?!" Jack chuckled, looking around the dorm in earnest,"Night Raven College is so cool!

His eyes suddenly widened.

He cleared his throat, rubbing his neck. "Just remember we're treading on another dorm's turf. Keep your wits about you,"

Jack's words were like white noise and you barely understood them. If you didn't know how to read lips, you wouldn't have understood at all.

In the midst of your panic, you felt a hand gently hold your shaking one. That made you freeze, turning to look at Helia, who was eyeing you in concern.

"You're okay.. it's okay.." he assured, voice gentle.

"You can breathe.. you're breathing.." he whispered, caressing the back of your head.

You nodded stiffly, closing your eyes as you tried to get your breathing under control. It was a bit hard as you were expecting to inhale lung-fulls of water instead of oxygen. A few moments later, your breathing stabilized enough, but you found you could only breathe through your mouth. Breathing through your nose was a bit difficult.